The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello - looking at a second hand R75 Gleaner 2003 model - it has had mods etc done to the rotor and appears to be in excellent condition.
However it doesnt have a yield monitor fitted. - the sticker on the side says its fieldstar ready? and i did notice the connector in the cab (no monitor) - what would be required to get it up and running? - woudl it be fieldstar 1 or 2 for that age machine? - i was under the impression that a lot of people didnt really get on fieldstar - however i need a yeild monitor for my own farming, as well as custom. - any suggestions? does fieldstar ready just mean it has the wiring and connectors or is most of it fitted except the monitor?
located in Australia - so we may not have access to all the aftermarket stuff you guys have - if there is anything else that suits.
thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
You can buy the fieldstar 2 kit and it will plug right into the combine. It will come with the moisture sensor and the yield sensor for the hopper. Pretty easy to install and it works great. We also had a 03 R-75 that we did this to. I can't remember what it costs but the dealer should be able to give you a price. Good luck.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Luxford,

We bought a 2004 9790 that had the original Fieldstar and upgraded the monitor to Console II. I would recommend it if it is comaptible with your machine. As I understand it Fieldstar ready means it has all the hardware required (yield and moisture sensors etc) and just requires the addition of the screen and GPS receiver. We are also using the Console II to run Autoguide autosteer. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the prompt replies - i was wondering if the hardware was fitted or not - unfortanely i didnt get to climb all over the machine - which i plan on doing shortly. - i was thinking that if it has the hardware already i might be able to set it up very easly.

·
Registered
581 Posts
My understanding is there is no longer support from AGCo on the older Fieldstar monitors. I am not sure where the cut off is in terms of models or age but I would sure ask before you plunk down a bunch of cash. I understand the newer monitors are better, but the original Fieldstars were not very good at all.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, thanks lookingglass -
i was wondering when the newer version of fieldstar come out compared to the original - this is a 03/04 model R75 - didnt fieldstar come out in 98 or sometime like that - was thinking it could be the newer version? or maybe not!

·
Registered
198 Posts
The 5 series came out in 03 and they had the old fieldstar screen. I think the new fieldstar came out in 05 or 06. They are can bus. The old fieldstar had a com unit. Fieldstar ready means the wiring is in it but will not have the moisture sensor, yield monitor or screen. May not have the com unit or map chip either. And the parts for the old fieldstar are hard to come by.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no worries - thanks for the added infomation - i appriciate it - i was wondering if the newer version would plug in

·
Registered
40 Posts
Luxford8,
The GTA console II will plug into the wiring harness of an 03 machine with an adaptor harness. That harness will be part of a kit to install the yield sensor, moisture sensor, Fieldstar II interface card, GTA console II, and gps receiver.

Lookinglass,
AGCO still supports the original Fieldstar display. They also still sell them brand new. As chevyman2995 stated, getting parts to fix them is another story.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks fsdan - any idea how much it would cost (roughly) to fit up like that. i have since checked the machine - none of the 'hardware' is fitted, so would need the full kit.. makes you wonder who would buy one without.. you would think it should have been standard, but anyway thats another story...

·
Registered
40 Posts
luxford8,
Ballpark figure for the kit is $3600 US. Every AGCO built combine since 2003 is Fieldstar ready, or wired up for the components. There was a part numberr for a deduct option offered, so not every machine had the actual hardware installed. That changed in 2007 when Fieldstar II was standard equipment on every combine coming out of Hesston.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Luxford8,
The $3600 figure is low. It should be closer to $5600. Sorry for the misinformation. The $3600 would be to upgrade from Fieldstar to Fieldstar II.

Do you plan to install the kit, or are you going to let the dealer handle it?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok - i think i would be installing the kit - the combine is not at an Agco dealer. - i think they want a bit much for it to be honest, however it is in good condition, has had feeder/rotor mods etc so seems to be a very good machine.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i was thinking it would be hard to install if my local Agco dealer can handle it - i should be able to.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The yield monitoring system isn't that tough to install. However, your dealer will have to load some software to the EIP and Fuse Panel as well as to the GTA screen.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks fsdan - i dont suppose there are any aftermarket replacements available? my initial thinking was to stick with the OEM stuff, however cost is going to be the killer!

·
Registered
40 Posts
AgLeader makes a yield monitoring kit for those machines as well. The prices between the two systems should be fairly close.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If all your after is yield and moisture and don't care about mapping you should be able to pick up a older Agleader cheap from someone that upgraded.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts