The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides some nice new stickers and a lil different paint scheme.

Which does look really nice by the way.

I do like the back flaps around the spreaders..but i can't get my arm under the top sieve in order to check the bottom sieve with my finger.

So i don't care for that really.

But as long as it stops buildup on the back axel ill like it.

Also the Hopper extension has a part that folds down so you can actually get into the hopper without killing yourself.

Amazing the things they finally change....why couldn't they have done this 20 years ago.

I guess there all like that.. (companys and other equipment)

What else is different on this combine?

I like the color monitor but some of the buttons are worded well...kinda strangly.

Also they don't have loads anymore there called task....

Id say its going to be really nice it will just take some getting used to..

·
Premium Member
5,771 Posts
longer auger too. there ya go, make your 2388 into a 2588...auger extension and hopper topper. But some fancy paint, you are right on that one. They look good.

At least there wasn't some big hoopla about the new model and how revolutionary it was going to be and thats all that changed!

·
Registered
104 Posts
There is no smiley for this, so I'll just have to say this.

"This thread is worthless without pics"
Anyway. Would like to see pics of your new ride. I love this combine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I could be mistaken, but loads are still there.

The hopper extension, well that is what happens when CNH, finally makes there own, not the POS that comes from the factory, is taken off and salvaged.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alrighty i'll get pic's tommorow morning

hey i had to get some dust on it..and make sure it wasn't a lemon

No issues. and congrats CAse IH Finally you found a way to keep stuff of the back axel.. U guys should be so proud

30 years of the same problem but hey we fixed it!!!

So congrats

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah usually thats the only time we climb our leg and don't feel miserable haha

i have a few more..i'll try to post tonight

Also yeah we love that 325..its got some weird quirks...the 375 is the favorite tho...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sweet photos. For some reason the new decal looks so much nicer then the 23's The only thing better might be the new ones in the Big brothers skin. Not sure yet though.

Anyway. I love the 325 as well. Im a sucker for small frame 4wds. What is the other combine in the field. a 2388 or is that a AFX?

Thanks again. Would always enjoy more.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Everything seems to be going well should have corn done tuesday if our two old 1083 corn heads keep chopping..

Yeah i like the 2588 the color monitor is great.....

Our right side back flap that covers the spreader that looks so impressive and it does actually work but...

Somehow it got into the spreader on the 3rd day and well its alot shorter now... haha

Had to replace the fuel filter on it on the 4th day

That Extra box beside the post and monitor really is a great deal.

I know the wording on some of that is weird..but basically the one is for a non critical system fault which usually translates to (change fuel filter)

Anyone else know what this can mean by chance?

I do like the door to get into the hopper threw the grain extension and for shot people the handle would be handy as well.

we did get the extra 3 ft on the auger for the draper heads and thats been pretty nice.. Hasn't fallen of yet!!!!

Hope everyone's getting along good.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I wonder if anyone with a 25 series combine still has their back curtains left anymore. The spreader has killed all the curtains on all the new combines that I have seen. Have you tried ordering the new curtains yet? I think that they are all on back order. Case should definately cover this because it is definitely their mistake.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just my right side...

And im sure they will figure it out...Atleast after 30 years there trying.

sometimes these lil annoyances take a while i guess

shrugs.....in beans we just change the spreaders and that way it doesn't fill up on the back axle..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts