The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a dumb question to some, but I'm having trouble finding current basis levels on the internet. Looking for canola and CWRS in western Canada. Know it varies from locations and different companies and such. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
This may be close: Lyalta

I know Bunge has basis levels on their website but you may have to sign up for that. Not sure they have anything close to you?

I wish these elevator companies would post bids like the U.S. companies do. I have a good site for grain marketing in ND: North Dakota Ag Links www.ndaglinks.com not sure if Montana would have something similar???

·
Registered
438 Posts
Very seldom does Viterra's posted prices on their web portal match what the elevator is paying. Quite frustrating. Around here you have to stop at the various buyers to get prices. They won't call you back. They change prices throughout the day. They don't work for your business whether it's 1000bu or 100,000bu. A website with local bids would be awesome.

·
Registered
39 Posts
There is an app for iphones and I believe android devices as well, called "AgPriceBook" - you can sign up for a free account and it is supposed to provide price transparency for fert, chemical, seed, etc inputs by area.

More people need to use it though, time to get rid of the joke that is price discrimination and price gouging.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Thanks for the links guys! I knew it was a dumb question! :rolleyes: I've got the full online account with Richardson's/pioneer, but they don't share that info, always have to phone...
My Richardson guy says that they do that so you can be in constant contact with your buyer......too bad they are always full and never buying!! Whats more frustrating is that every Richardson elevator seems to be on their own so you have to have contacts at every Richardson that you might want to haul to!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.