The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey have talked to a few builders that are pushing the findoor more than an overhead or bifold. anybody see or have one likes dislikes?

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
If your tractor is inside and you want to get it out to push the snow drift out from in front of the door, how do you open them? Also do they have tracks on the bottom? I think I prefer the more conventional choices to this.

·
Premium Member
8,219 Posts
They fold to the inside to avoid snow. I think the floor track is pretty fussy so better have piles under to avoid frost heaving. Interesting concept, neighbor has one a couple miles away but only went in last fall. One pole shed outfit is recommending them and one is advising to stay away.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Allot of shops in this area had similar doors when they were first build including mine . None that have been replaced still have them . I think my biggest concerns would be dirt and debris in the tracks and longevity of the weather seals .

·
Registered
37 Posts
We have home-made doors like those on our shop. They don't need a bottom track if you hang them with good barn door tracks at the top. Ours must be almost 30 years old and don't give much trouble, but they do require shovelling to open in the snow, and they're somewhat vulnerable to gale force winds. Mind you, our quonset doors have blown off a bunch of times and these are still fine, so they're a massive improvement over those.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds like they open to the inside no tracs on bottom just top claiming better r value and less drafts than traditional overhead nice thing is allows 17ft door on 18 sidewall building

·
Registered
191 Posts
a local distillery installed one in there building. Worked fine in the winter, and is nice as you only have to open as much or little so not to waste heat. They installed the Findor in an existing building and the end wall was not strong enough to support it so the put two steel posts in the ground and anchored the wall to the posts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts