The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a short 3 min video I put together of our harvest this year. We grow seed crops and corn so its got some variety. I have some video of the machines running 25ft windrows of grass seed. I was amazed how well they handled the larger row. I am convinced that the thicker mat of material actually made the machine preform better.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Nice looking crops. The first thing I put through my 780 three years ago was a 35' swath of perennial ryegrass, didn't take long to realize I had purchased a real beast of a combine!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for posting video. Interesting to see other crops than the corn and soybeans that we see in the the midwest US. How long does it take to change the combine from doing grass seed to a harvest setup for corn?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The switch over is not to bad. It takes a half a day or so. One of our machines is a corn and soybean machine so it has the large wire concave. I had to put the cylinder in low speed, change the fan to high speed, change out the tm6 serves and put in the deep tooth ones, raise the front drum, change out the aps grates to round bar, removed ITS, and slow the chopper down to low speed. It’s very similar to what we had to do with the old red ones. I was amazed with the Claas machines in corn. Most of our corn this year was pushing 300 bu and the plants were really green still, but moisture was in the low 20s. Our Case machines would have puked corn out the back so bad since it was almost impossible from keeping the concave from plugging with leaves. The Claas concave was plugged up put the rotors just made up for it, and they stayed completely clean. The loss monitoring was awesome to see in action, since in grass seed they don’t really work right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts