The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my first wheat harvest with my 2007 7010. I'll be running a 35' draper, the wheat will be dry and I'm hearing average yields coming in around me in the 80 bus range. When setting the combine is the book pretty accurate? Also should I put the black curtains in on the rotor cage? I'm used to setting the 2300 series so I'm not sure just where to start with this one. Any advice would be helpful as to where you guys are setting your 7010's.
Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did a google search and found this post be member 325mag
so I'll try and start here, any other advice, I'll gladly take, thanks....

Here is a rough ideas without knowing what you have for rotor and concaves.
900-1000 rotor
0-1 concave more depending on wheat
920-980 fan
presieve 2-4
upper sieve 14-18 approximaely 5/8 inch
bottom sieve 9-14 never lower than 1/4 inch
sieve setting depend on calibration and style (wheat or corn)

This should get you started.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
book is pretty close on settings, hint, don't play with seives as your harvesting, will plug fan, what modules are you running, small wire large wire, scott.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We are running the pre sieve closed here per the dealer recommendations. Sample is good and not putting anything out the back. You might consider this in the mix with the tendancy to over load the fan with these machines.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
We went from 2188 to 8010 and biggest trouble we had was getting our head around leaving the bottom sieve open enough to let air flow through. Like scott said be careful adjusting sieves on the go or you will plug the fan with grain and if your tank is above the window you won't know it until you go to unload and all you have is chaff. We found that calibrating the sieves was a must, a couple of times we have had trouble setting combine turns out sieves are not where they say they are for settings. Also double check and make sure your chopper is in high speed, been caught on that before. Otherwise the settings you got from 325mag seem pretty close to what we have run, I don't think I would close my bottom to quite 9 though.
Curt

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies, when you say leave the chopper in high, is that so the straw is forced to the back of the machine hard enough to stop it from plugging the rear of the machine. We are baling the straw again this year and I do have the chopper on slow speed.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
The chopper in high comment was about the chopper speed, we don't bale so I always have to double check and make sure the chopper is in high speed so that it chops the straw good.
Curt

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh ok thanks..... I tried to chop the straw today and it was too tough, so we're baling now

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts