The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if any of you had any different ideas for sealing up the two rear windows on the cr, the best thing I have tried was my kids floaty noodles (round foam) that I glued together to wedge inbetween the two windows. Can't believe NH thinks its ok to open a window inside your clean cab and let abunch of crap fall inside.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Try climbing into the hopper of a lexion every second or third day it sucks too. It would be nice if they could get it sealed up.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I remember reading on a chatroom where a farmer took an appropriately sized inner tube and positioned it around the window then aired it up to stay in place. Allows cab to flex while still staying put. Have same problem with my 8010 and plan to try this next harvest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm on my third CR and have done the following to each. I went down to my local foam rubber shop and got them to cut a peice 3"x3" by the length to go around the window. I push that up in between the cab and bin and glue the ends together. Then I don't have to clean the windows at all for the year.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried the new inner tube trick but would lose air and droppped out, bad tube I guess. Glueing the foam together is what I tried last, that does work good, just have to get right thickness so it stays in place. Thanks guys,

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
The Tr's you could open the bin window to clean, I didn't realize that you couldn't on the CR's

·
Registered
628 Posts
You can open them it is just from inside the cab which really sucks. I gave the traveling factory reps a ear full on that one this harvest when they came to talk yo us about our new combine.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There idea is to keep you from crawling into tank, safety I'm sure, they should know by now how dirty the window can get , they should of thought of a seal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts