The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The flagships in barley how does every one set them? People seem to get a lot of loses around with the 8010/8120, do they need fan upgrade? Or straight bars in rotor or different concave? But any one with 7010/7120 seems to be good, we grow about half of our farm to barley so we need something really good on barley, a lot tell me to go with 7088 or deere stay away from flagships case but I think the flagship are the way Togo less belts ,rotor reverse

·
Registered
355 Posts
Only people who tell u to stay away don't seem to know how to setup properly. I've got 7230 and header school told me 2-4 flat bars in rear of rotor. Started barley 1st arvo as normal. Was not excited by capacity for rotor loss so next morning threw in the flat bars and big difference in loss. Way more throughput without loss. Don't forget the covers on top of rotor and under chopper/beater. They only come off for high yielding corn/sorghum etc. they also made huge difference to mine the 2nd year when I put them on. Other settings I'll have to check if u want. Written down in machine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What is the cover under the beater? Is it a case part or make it yourself?
And do you leave that cover in for everything incl. canola?

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
What is the cover under the beater? Is it a case part or make it yourself?
And do you leave that cover in for everything incl. canola?
In our conditions it keeps canola stems out of the sample, as the internal beater or chopper can spear them through the sieves.For wheat, barley and legumes you would leave it in. Our blanking plate to fit the chopper , is a piece of 3mm mild steel plate with two 12mm bolts welded to it. You would probably have something in your workshop that would fit, I never priced up the case part.

·
Registered
355 Posts
This is the setup video I found last year. Makes a lot if sense re covers.
If u have a beater this is the pn 87587538 has the flat and curved piece. Think was about $550. But if have chopper only need the 3 mm flat piece pn 87606640 about $200. But like nobby said could make up real easy. Stops all the fines and wind blowing through like he says in video. Perfect for our hot dry conditions.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The flat bars where is the best places to put them I will probly put 4 in I'm going to set up before harvest, header clean now easy to do these jobs now,

On the 2152 I want to get more speed ,ground speed what knife guards or knifes help with this just running macdon guards and knife at moment

·
Registered
355 Posts
The bars go at the back of the rotor. Make sure u put them on each side if rotor for balance. Pretty sure can only go in set spots. Take off the 2 normal bars then the flat ones will fit straight on.
Apparently u can speed up the knife speed by a an adjustment on the pump but I've never worked it out.
I've just stuck with the macdon fingers and course knives. I think they wear better then fine tooth. Althogh apparently the fines are better in green stuff? Others can maybe chime in here?

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
We have a 7230 and have the flat bars fitted over module position 2 and 3.
2 bars in each position.
We have them in this position to get earlier separation. At the harvester schools they always talk about having 90% of the separation done in the first half of the concave area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts