The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

· Registered
5,978 Posts
Think we saw a picture of something similar last year on the forum, but it was under wraps. (or was that a New Holland?).

Whether this prototype is indicative of a new line, or just an experimental platform to get data for future designs none of us know. The body panels look rather hacked together, so my personal opinion is this is a one-off machine that may inform the design of future class 10 and 11 machines.

CNH is a really strange company, with no clear direction in my opinion. Three different combine lines among two brands, all competing with each other really. And if they add a fourth, then what. Seems like a touch of NIH syndrome among the engineering groups at the sub brands. Really if they are going to develop a class 11 twin rotor, they should just offer it under with color, rather than keep the features and lines completely separate and different designs. I can understand the loyal following of the NH twin rotor and also the legacy Case machines, but at some point does it make sense to keep offering competing lines?

I've been told by someone with inside connections that they have a lot of churn among their R&D folk and a lack of leadership.

· Ooohhh Deere
2,039 Posts
Stupid stupid stupid idea if it’s a bigger single rotor

we can’t get even loading of the sieves now as it is. Nobody wants to dick around with rotor covers and blanking strips just to gain on sieves but lose on rotor..............

I hope there’s two in it...........

deere must know something if they went down that path

· Registered
82 Posts
The first place I’m looking is at the spreading system. They’ve got to come up with something better.

· Premium Member
2,190 Posts
I was lead to believe that the existing frame width could support two 24” rotors. I’m also lead to believe that rotors will be longer than current model.
As said ….. “lead to believe“.
I have no confirmation on any of what many would call ….. “speculation”.

· Registered
152 Posts
Not sure if New Holland and Case will be common going forward, as New Holland moved all production to Belgium and Case is left alone at Grand Island perhaps they will start being completely separate platforms again.
Most companies now seem to have two grain pans in there machines. One to move material from the seperating area to the front of the machine, and another from there to the sieves. Perhaps if they did that there would be enough distance between the rotor and sieves the shaking motion alone would mostly level out the material. I always thought that the main point of the grain pan was it gave the material a chance to spread out.

· Registered
5,978 Posts
I wonder if that NH machine and the CaseIH machine are really the same thing. If you look at the NH picture, the cab is yellow and NH, but the rest of the combine is CaseIH body panels, not NH body panels. Not sure if this was done simply for misdirection of prying eyes, or if it signals that this new machine will come in either color.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts