The Combine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

· Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Talked to a guy the other day. He mentioned a prototype in the area being tested on some hills. Electric drive. Shaftless, hydraulic drive feeder house. Said it was in the Ethridge area around the wind mills. I have not noticed it.

· Registered
5,977 Posts
If that's true, I doubt this will be production machine then. More likely a technology demonstrator. Just like that huge John Deere prototype that was seen a few years ago with the conveyor unloading system. Supposed to be a lot of electric drive on that. The X9 bears little resemblance to it. I'm skeptical that when it hits production the latest big case machine will look much like the prototype.

· Registered
526 Posts
I haven’t seen a 150 series in Canada either.

About a 70K price difference between 7150 and 7250 according to website. It’s a big number but not really percentage wise on list prices. Kinda thought the spread would be more.

· Registered
9 Posts
This “9250” was hauled in under wraps, 60 miles west of Minot ND yesterday. It needs 2 service trucks to keep it running apparently. View attachment 163215 View attachment 163215
A French farmer would have seen this machine running in Europe before 2020 evolving with a 16-row maize header at more than 8 km / h exceeding 15 t / h as you can see it is 80 cm longer and no longer has the box .
Hoping to see more photos the big combine

· Registered
1 Posts
Think we saw a picture of something similar last year on the forum, but it was under wraps. (or was that a New Holland?).

Whether this prototype is indicative of a new line, or just an experimental platform to get data for future designs none of us know. The body panels look rather hacked together, so my personal opinion is this is a one-off machine that may inform the design of future class 10 and 11 machines.

CNH is a really strange company, with no clear direction in my opinion. Three different combine lines among two brands, all competing with each other really. And if they add a fourth, then what. Seems like a touch of NIH syndrome among the engineering groups at the sub brands. Really if they are going to develop a class 11 twin rotor, they should just offer it under with color, rather than keep the features and lines completely separate and different designs. I can understand the loyal following of the NH twin rotor and also the legacy Case machines, but at some point does it make sense to keep offering competing lines?

I've been told by someone with inside connections that they have a lot of churn among their R&D folk and a lack of leadership.
Is anything more known about the prototype of the combine?
6 wheel crapwalking, aws, 900 hp, 20 cbm graintank, longtube afs.

· Registered
27 Posts
This “9250” was hauled in under wraps, 60 miles west of Minot ND yesterday. It needs 2 service trucks to keep it running apparently. View attachment 163215
Any news about this new Case Ih Flagship?

I found this photo on Profi, the New Holland Flagship looks very similar to the CIH.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

Attachments

· Registered
151 Posts
This exterior makes it seem like case and new holland are working on the combine together. Looks very similar. Still have no idea if they have the same internals though.
Also know it’s only a prototype and the black paint on the new holland makes it hard to see. But I don’t see a radiator screen there. Perhaps cnh is testing out a cooling package from above like claas?

21 - 40 of 83 Posts