The Combine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

· Registered
5,978 Posts
You clean the engine air filter on a Case flagship combine once a year? Pretty impressive. Running two machines side by side I clean them every day. The 40 series stays cleaner than the 30... the 7230 gets pretty caked up with fine dust every day. I suspect a single combine running in a field would stay clean much longer. Not sure how often my cousin has to clean the engine air filters on his CRs. Every few days at least I suspect.

· Registered
998 Posts
On my seventh set of flagship. Can’t say one or another was better for how clean the filter stayed I can tell you they do need a cleaning we clean them. I can also say this set are the best ones yet.
but I say that on every new piece of equipment that comes in the yard. Lol.

· Super Moderator
31,337 Posts
Now we know why all the X9's at Redhead.
We do?
Accurately, how so?

I’ll swag how marketing is going to go, CNH will market an identical unit in the two dresses, twin rotor but will keep existing models.
Sound like any other company?
Thus ends the long run of single rotor only machines from several manufacturers.

With recent rumours and model releases at, near or over Claas performance do suppose they are standing idly by?

And do not give that me that crap about machines getting too big, if headers were still rigidly mounted auger then yes but they are not, flexible frames, suspension, wheels and wonderful electronically enhanced automatic header height controls all greatly increase potential ground speeds.
Further, farm size has been and will continue to increase while quality labor is at best stagnant.
Paves the way for larger machines.

· Registered
5,978 Posts
So there's nothing to suggestion made on this forum that the farm that traded in those X9s has brand new X9s for next harvest (implying they took the red combines and immediately traded them for new X9s)? I've seen this happen before. We bought a brand new Case combine from a Deere dealership some years ago. A guy traded in a green combine for a red one, but before he even took delivery he traded that red one off on a new green one. Not sure the reasons but probably some deal that soured.

I agree with Don the Case dual rotor machine is nowhere near production yet. The pictures are clearly prototypes.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts