The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
We disconnected our pea auger in flax. Simply connected the two hydraulic lines in a loop and put caps on the motor. Ideally i would like to have a valve in there so i could just slow the auger down to a crawl. We found it would of been handy to have the auger still turning slowly if we had to put a fluffy kochia weed into the feeder house.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,939 Posts
Do you mean the Macdon feeder drum? If so, try speeding your feeder chains up so it pulls the crop away faster. Maybe adjust it (macdon feed drum) up as high as possible too. Otherwise not many options.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Flax likes to catch on anything sharp and wrap. Once it starts, stop and let it clear or you'll dig it out. Does the wrapping start in a certain area or is it random? On our pickups, flax was catching on the auger inspection plates, so we just taped them smooth. Not sure if this is applicable.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I mean the feeding auger. It seems to be random as in out of the 4 combines no one can figure it out. Usually the fingers are on a cam and you can change the aggressiveness but these u can't. Will remove all fingers on one and see if that works.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,036 Posts
Weird!

We are doing flax now with 4 D 60 headers and 2 were wrapping so I pulled all retracting fingers out for a experiment and are working perfect now.
Interesting, I don't think that would work worth a **** with anything else.

Funny how a change that could be considered "grasping at straws" works because it's not grasping at straws.;)

Good find!:)

Hope it works for you RM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.