The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have been cutting flax for the last two days with my 580R, and it has gone fairly well. I had a heck of a time getting a clean sample at first, but I ended up adjusting my concave so I could tighten it up more. It was originally set so 7 mm was the tightest setting (the book setting), now it is around 4 mm at the front and almost "clicking" at the back. I also sped the cylinder and rotor up to around where I had them cutting wheat, 750 cylinder and 850 rotor. I have the fan around 750 along with the APS door closed and the rotor covers closed. The top sieve is at 10 and the bottom is around 3. My returns have been running almost full for 2 days straight, but it seems to handle it fine. My other problem is I am running next to an S88 Gleaner, and the sample he is getting is unbelievably clean. I could probably tighten my concave a hair more, and that would help some more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.