The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy a flex draper for a 9760 combine but I have been told I haven't many options. Would like a JD 635fd but JD makes no adapter/electrical to make this work. I have been looking at previous threads and see possibly Headsight makes the components to make this work but haven't been able to find out if this is true.
Another option I would go with is a Macdon fd75 but my combines have contour master and again I've been told because of the cm it won't work either.
I haven't gone to my dealer because most likely I would not be buying from them but if I can't get 100% yes or no I guess I will have to see what they say.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not sure about the JD FD but I would think you should be able to use it. We had a 635hydraflex on a 9750. We had to replace a few cards and the cornerpost but it worked. You can also use the macdon on your machine. The contour master doesnt effect it at all. Just dont activate the CM.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
635f will work on a 60 series deer. We have one on a 9660. A tech may have to come out and reprogram some stuff but if you buy that from a dealer im sure they will include it in the cost. Also im pretty sure a 936fd will fit on it to if you prefer the draper

Reactions: dwilson

·
Registered
724 Posts
We run a 974 MacDon on a 9750 with contour master and an FD70 on a 9760 without CM. We never use the CM on the 9750 since the float on the adapter has enough movement but we are in fairly flat land.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Was told the JD flex draper can only go on late model 70 series because to much extra weight for the feeder house, will cause failure. This was told to me by a mechanic friend. N

·
Registered
412 Posts
I wouldn't be afraid to look at a Mac Don. We demoed one last fall. Went to purchase one and the dealer sold both. He pretty much said if you buy a Deere you will like it, if you buy a Mac Don you will like it. We ended up with the Mac Don since that's the one we demoed last year.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks for the info.
So by the sounds of it the Deere is out? Anyone hooked one up using Headsight?
But sounds like the Macdon will work. I just heard that the faceplate with contour master wouldn't work with a Macdon but I guess that isn't true.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have ran macdon fd70 on 9870 for 4 years and it had contour master. There are more Deere combines with madon than Deere headers in our area. Will be running same fd70 on 9770 this fall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts