The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy a flex draper for a 9760 combine but I have been told I haven't many options. Would like a JD 635fd but JD makes no adapter/electrical to make this work. I have been looking at previous threads and see possibly Headsight makes the components to make this work but haven't been able to find out if this is true.
Another option I would go with is a Macdon fd75 but my combines have contour master and again I've been told because of the cm it won't work either.
I haven't gone to my dealer because most likely I would not be buying from them but if I can't get 100% yes or no I guess I will have to see what they say.

· Registered
144 Posts
Not sure about the JD FD but I would think you should be able to use it. We had a 635hydraflex on a 9750. We had to replace a few cards and the cornerpost but it worked. You can also use the macdon on your machine. The contour master doesnt effect it at all. Just dont activate the CM.

· Registered
2,270 Posts
635f will work on a 60 series deer. We have one on a 9660. A tech may have to come out and reprogram some stuff but if you buy that from a dealer im sure they will include it in the cost. Also im pretty sure a 936fd will fit on it to if you prefer the draper

Reactions: dwilson

· Registered
412 Posts
I wouldn't be afraid to look at a Mac Don. We demoed one last fall. Went to purchase one and the dealer sold both. He pretty much said if you buy a Deere you will like it, if you buy a Mac Don you will like it. We ended up with the Mac Don since that's the one we demoed last year.

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks for the info.
So by the sounds of it the Deere is out? Anyone hooked one up using Headsight?
But sounds like the Macdon will work. I just heard that the faceplate with contour master wouldn't work with a Macdon but I guess that isn't true.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.