The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
The smallest I've seen on a 9500 is a 20 ft. I would think you would have to push a 915 pretty hard to keep a 9500 full

·
Registered
134 Posts
We run a 915f on a 9500. it does the job but its to small. you cannot run the machine to capacity. and when you run faster to do so it pushes the stubble over a little bit and you miss 3 to 4 pods per plant and that adds up. but in wheat it does a nice job. one thing thats nice is that you do not need to take the head off when moving fields. A 22 foot head wouldd be a good fit for that machine

·
Registered
12 Posts
The 9500's were designed for 25 ft platforms and 8 row cornheads, many have 20 ft heads with 6 row cornheads, but then they are not running the machine separator at full capacity, which is where a combine does its best job, separating and cleaning both, plus when you run at full capacity, your efficiency will be at its peak, fuel consumption per acre, time per acre, resulting in more dollars saved/produced per acre. Please realize this all takes place when everything is set properly too...and the machine and header are in good running condition. Are you running on hillsides, or is there a reason for the smaller header size ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's mostly level land here, I already have the 915 on a 6620 and was looking to jump up a little and found a 9500 that I really like. Thanks for all the info

·
Registered
562 Posts
28ft heads works nicely on a 9500 as well we can generally go 3 to 3.5 if not faster in soybeans depending on the conditions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, we have a couple guys in the area with 30ft, but those guys do not raise wheat, and they can get away with running a 30 ftr in beans, we can achieve 80 - 100 bu / acre wheat yields, and those poor ole walkers could not keep up with 30 ft of material going over them, my hat is off to the rotors, those things can eat !I must have taken the wrong accounting / economics class in school, I can not figure how to pay for those new machines !!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts