The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 585 with a 540 flex head and I am having a problem trying to get the auto header to work. It says in the book to learn the cutting limits must be learned before you can it to work? Why? the header should be getting signals from the ground sensors to raise lower or stay or am I not understanding this correctly. I am used to JD or CIH systems both very similar but this does not seem to work in the same manner. I do not understand that cutting height needs to be learned. Does this have to be done every time you attach the header? We might be in 5 fields in one day and taking header off each time, would be a pain to have do that process every time. Thanks for any help to educate me on this.
Paul

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
No it doesn't have to be learned every time you detach the header.
1. attach header
2. make sure your knife is unbolted ie. in flex mode
3. if you have sensing bands on your head, they must be locked up and the sensor on either side of the head must be switched over to read off of the knife instead of sensing bands
4. make sure you are on level ground in your field, turn on seperator and header at full throttle
5. In cebis go to learn header limits and press ok and then follow the promts ie. header all the way up and keep holding the button until it tells you header all the way down until it tells you to do it again up and again down until it says header limits learned. That should be it.
6. on your up down button on your hydro handle hit the the side of the button with two arrows pointing to a dot, your header should drop and now you can adjust the header to the desired height acording to the big numbers on the inside of your 540 header...it should be adjusted to 0 which will give you equal amount of flex up and down on your cutter bar.
7. I forget what the sensitivity number is in cebis for flexcutting

I hope I got all the steps right, we upgraded to a 700 series combine this year and it is a bit different from the 500 series.

If you did it right the first time it should be fine all season unless you change the feederhouse pitch if you have the HP feederhouse.

If anyone else knows of any steps that I forgot to mention or has an easier explanation feel free to correct me. It's a pretty simple and straight forward process.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.