The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone through the calibration process on my new to me 2340 air cart. I seeded 47 acres applying 90 pounds of dry starter out of the front tank and 100 pounds of seed out of the back. I followed the instruction in the manual and even calibrated it four times (twice before I started and another two times after having seeded some). I put the slides where the computer told me. The dry is reading dead on on the head. The dry is reading anywhere from 87-100 pounds. The seed is going through a new meter box with a new sensor on it. Do I trust the computer or is there another way to double check the seeding rate? Also, why the rate variation on the seed but not dry? Please help me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
A little more info would be helpful.

Are you saying that you seeded 47 acres and used all the product in both tanks, or that you have seeded 47 acres so far? Also, what products and the test weight (or lbs/cu. ft).

Mark

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seeded 47 acres so far. My main question is about the difference between the rate I want and what the computer is telling me it is applying. Is this normal? The book says to just raise the slide until the read put says what you want it to. I think I am just going to jack u a wheel and bag a tenth of an acre worth of product.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
So this is a mechancial cart? Then check your drive box. If you have to, swap them front to rear and see if the inconsistent rate follows the same box. If so, repair or replace the drive box. I did not see if the 40 series has a wrap clutch system, but if it does, that is also a place for inconsistent operation to happen when things wear or become contaminated with fertilizer and dirt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.