The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am new to the site but I see there is a ton of great information here. I

I do have a question that I thought I would throw out there to see if I could get some points of veiw rather that what I have gotton from the local implement dealers.

Last year I purchased an older flexi coil 5000 drill with a tow between 2320 tank. The drill is equiped with a full blockage monitor system. It is an older system, I believe the dill is a 94 model. The monitor system has a pin sensor that is attached to every seconday hose where it leaves the tower. By what I understand the later model systems are set up quite different.

When the drill was delivered it was sort of in shambels. I spent quite alot of time going through the wiring system on the monitor a staightening things out, cleaning connections, etc. One thing I did not do was check the sensors themselves to see if they were all in working order or not. I did ask one of the locals parts guys how to check each sensor and I was told that by tapping on the sensor itself would develop a code on the monitor in the tractor.

I started seeding with it last fall only to realize that only about 2/3 of my sensors where actually working. Out of the ones that were working, a bunch of them were constantly sending a signal to the monitor.

I spent a ton of time off and on the tractor trying to weed through those sensors as I was seeding, very, very frustrating.
I decided to buy some new sensors to change out the ones that were giving me grief only to find out that they are $75 a piece. I have 42 secondary hoses on my drill. I felt that was a little much considering the age and shape of the remaing system.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on testing these sensors to actually determine whether they are working or not?? I tried the tapping idea and I could never get a response to my monitor. The other thing I would like to know is what my alternatives might be as far as going to a diferent system, or possibly reconfiguring my existing system. I thought possibly a guy could run just one sensor per tower?? I am not sure, but I have been told that a full blockage system is not nessasary for seeding wheat or possibly anything else at that matter.

Would like to here if anyone has any ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had a 500o once that had full blockage on it and what a waste it was. After a few good years it statred to have pin sensors fail and beep all the time, so I ended up just unplugging the flow gateway. My next new machines we ordered with optical sensors as a primary run system, which is all you need, put the outer sensors on the outer shanks in case you turn to sharp and plug. Has worked for 5 yrs without any problems until this year and had to replace sensors because optic eye was about worn off from all the product going by. Cost 140 bucks each but only needed to change 5 instead of 55. With the pin sensors once they start to continually give you a signal they are garbage. You might be able to change to optical with the gate way you have but I have a feeling you will need to up grade the gateway aswell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a 500o once that had full blockage on it and what a waste it was. After a few good years it statred to have pin sensors fail and beep all the time, so I ended up just unplugging the flow gateway. My next new machines we ordered with optical sensors as a primary run system, which is all you need, put the outer sensors on the outer shanks in case you turn to sharp and plug. Has worked for 5 yrs without any problems until this year and had to replace sensors because optic eye was about worn off from all the product going by. Cost 140 bucks each but only needed to change 5 instead of 55. With the pin sensors once they start to continually give you a signal they are garbage. You might be able to change to optical with the gate way you have but I have a feeling you will need to up grade the gateway aswell.
Hi Chris:

Just wondering how you unplug the gateway. I am having the same issue with mine and I just want to turn them off.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Unplug the blockage system and move the terminator from end of blockage to before the blockage. I think.

I have done it troubleshooting systems, was fairly easy, been a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts