The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im out Spraying yesterday and today... My sprayer seems to have developed a problem with the booms spraying. If both booms are turned on at the same time... the left hand boom has almost no pressure... but if you turn the right one off and on... both booms spray fine. But today I noticed that it starts off ok but then the left hand boom will go off. I will spray if the left hand boom is on only... but thats it. Are my solendoids screwed?

·
Registered
421 Posts
If the solenoids are the same as on the Flexi Coil 65 you can check them by pushing them up when they are turned off. They should move freely against the spring pressure. When the unit is parked you should be able to hear them click when they open up all the way when you turn them on.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the solenoids are the same as on the Flexi Coil 65 you can check them by pushing them up when they are turned off. They should move freely against the spring pressure. When the unit is parked you should be able to hear them click when they open up all the way when you turn them on.
I can hear them pretty loudly. I dunno... I had it spraying good until I turned my main power off to turn around and then that was it... I was thinking I should just buy 2 new ones in the morning and change em both... see what happens... rule that out.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I can hear them pretty loudly. I dunno... I had it spraying good until I turned my main power off to turn around and then that was it... I was thinking I should just buy 2 new ones in the morning and change em both... see what happens... rule that out.
Take them apart and clean them.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make sure you have good voltage and ground.
I changed the one solienoid out to a new one and same thing.. worked for one tank then thats it. I checked the voltage...10 volts when one is on and other is off... and 8 volts when both booms on... Shouldnt it be 12 volts? For the time being I just bought a T and hooked the hoses up direct... I just had to put the main hose back on the solienoids to fill and agitate the tank.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I'd think it should be closer to 12V regardless of how many are on. I suppose you could run a new 12V wire from a good source back there, and then use automotive relays to drive the solenoid valves from that good line using the existing lines as signals. Doesn't exactly solve the underlying problem, but might make it work at least.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Simple first, check the connections. Clean them out and plug them back in a few times. Check connections at the tractor electrical supply. Where the system plugs into the tractor. Just do a quick visual for damaged wires. Those things are likely to get you results.

Dielectric grease in the connections helps on a sprayer. The stuff we spray can be hard on wiring.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I changed the one solienoid out to a new one and same thing.. worked for one tank then thats it. I checked the voltage...10 volts when one is on and other is off... and 8 volts when both booms on... Shouldnt it be 12 volts? For the time being I just bought a T and hooked the hoses up direct... I just had to put the main hose back on the solienoids to fill and agitate the tank.
Some friendly advice, when you're replacing solenoids, do yourself a favor and put in electric ball valves instead. No more money, and a lot less maintenance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts