The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday,

Could someone please be kind enough to point me in the right direction for obtaining seed rate charts for a Flexicoil cart.
I have just purchased a 1330 which came with a manual but no rate charts for fine roller and coarse rollers.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gday Rammy,
I was planning on 3 runs double shoot, 3 fert and 3 seed, I'm only running a narrow bar here due to irrigation bays and channel bridges etc.
I'll take whatever info I can if it's applicable.
Cheers

·
Registered
87 Posts
Gday Rammy,
I was planning on 3 runs double shoot, 3 fert and 3 seed, I'm only running a narrow bar here due to irrigation bays and channel bridges etc.
I'll take whatever info I can if it's applicable.
Cheers
G'day Danoz,

Unfortunately each number of runs use a different chart book, I've got the 4 Run & 5 Run books but no 3 Run.

You can purchase the book online from the CIH document center for download, I just checked and they have the 3 Run charts for $11.31 USD to Download PDF version. I used this website to get all the repair manuals for my Flexicoil 5000 bar & also our 1680 header.

https://www.dmcretail.com/RetailSelect.aspx

Click Case IH button top left
Search for Model 1330 in Product search and the manual you are after is on the second page of results

From memory once you purchase the PDF document they email you a link to download, I think you only get a day or two to download it to your computer before the link expires.

Cheers, Rammy

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that mate, I was just only able to get that parts website to work last night.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry Rammy I was getting confused with the Flexicoil CNH parts site, this is an awesome link, thanks for putting me onto it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sorry Rammy I was getting confused with the Flexicoil CNH parts site, this is an awesome link, thanks for putting me onto it.
No worries
They sell all the CIH dealer workshop manuals through that page although they can be a bit expensive. From memory I paid a couple hundred for all the workshop manuals for my old Case Magnum, well worth the money though as they are very detailed.

I usually check on ebay if someone is selling copied PDF manuals first.

Also if you need parts for your aircart in a hurry try Beulah Machinery, they keep quite alot of parts for the older flexicoils carts on hand as they used to import them secondhand.
https://www.beulahmachinery.com.au/

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hey Danoz, I've got a 1720 cart and I've never had a rate chart. I work it out by catching it and weighing it.
How wide is your planter?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah Rammy I've already been in touch with Beulah, they aren't the best at getting back to you!
Auscocky it's only a 15ft bar, Just wanted some charts to get me in roughly the right seeding rate but I will still be doing a proper calibration for each variety etc. I know the seed charts only go as low as 20ft bar but I was just thinking 15ft is 75%

I will need to open up the meter roll drive gearbox as it appears something is slipping in there when I turn the crank handle? Have read there is sometimes a problem with one way bearings etc.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Does the air cart have a handle on it that manually meters out material?
If so 15" is 4.572mtrs wide. 4.572 x 218.7mtrs = one tenth of a hectare.
If you travel 218.7mtrs, and count the handle rotations, you will know how many rotations for one tenth of a ha.
Drop the manifold and rotate the handle the number of turns to give on tenth ha.
Measure material and calibrate as needed. If you want 40kg/ha, should be 4kgs in the tin.

Not sure if that's what your after....but works for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for that Auscocky, champion! Yes mate it has a crank handle so that will be the go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts