The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
flexfingers

They work good for keeping dirt out of combine and pretty good for helping get peas into combine. However, do not believe they extend harvesting day with peas as when there any dew at night tough pea vines actually hang up on these things worse than if they were not there. Make sure you get right ones for the header you operating. At first I got sent wrong ones and a few of them came off before figured it out - they go through the combine well, but cannot be used after this.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
They work well for us, we use them on barley also to help get the stuff that is laying flat. If the straw is really wet then yes the material hangs up and doesn't allow the canvases to clear it away so you get poor flow. Haven't tried other lifter brands to know how they would work under the same conditions but the flexifinger will always get more crop than using a straight cutter bar, even with the hydraulic tilt feature on the header.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We use both versions (short and long). Short ones are for peas/lentils/etc., long ones for cereals. Agree that, if it's tough (early morning, and dusk) they pile up the vines, but are great the rest of the day. They have worked well for us and saved our bacon when we are trying to chase lentils that looked like they turned upside down because of too long out in the weather. Also fingers don't like bindweed/buckwheat. The long ones also are very good in lodged cereals. They are simple to adjust and change if one breaks or bends and you can carry a dozen replacements in one hand! It is a simple effective design IMO.

·
Registered
456 Posts
big hands = big wallet?

Very sure I cannot carry dozen of these in one hand and definitely would not want to be replacing this many at one crack with what they cost either. Still think they a decent product though.

·
Ken Adams
1,357 Posts
I just carry a short pipe and when you do bend them, just bent back past center and hold for a moment - can do this about a half dozen times before replacing.
Are they better than sliced bread, no, but they sure have their place!
Agreed - short ones for pulses and long ones for cereals!

·
Registered
836 Posts
We didn't like the small QD pulse crop lifter, they are to small, bend to easy and once they bend they are useless.

The QD HD are a lot better and stronger. Once we got them set they worked great for us in lentils on the swather. 5-10 min change over for 1 guy to put them on and off also.

Flexxifingerâ„¢ HDâ„¢ Lifters

·
Registered
7 Posts
ithink newer ones are better but ive had such good luck with schumachers ive just stayed with them....

I agree. The Schumachers are very dependable. Both the bolt on and quick attach. I often leave them on for wheat and canola. They aren't in the way (except for turning sharp) and are nice for those lodged patches in regards to straw management.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.