The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here in this forum using Flexxifinger FlexxiFloat 200 crop lifters on a MacDon FD 130 MY18? We are mainly doing lentils, edibles, Kidneys and soybeans! Are the worth the money?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Some guys seem to like the flexifinger lifters and others just hate them. We use the Schumacher ones and have been happy with them. For pulses we never use lifters but set the knife angle so there is some lift with the knife guards with our Macdon flex drapers. We only use lifters in lodged or down wheat crops.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have a set of flexi float 200's that I use with the FD140 header. Make sure you get the high rail model for the MacDon Fd headers. In peas, I don't think they pick up any more crop than the MacDon headers do, if you have the skid shoes set so the header cuts as low as possible. But I think they do pick up noticeably less rocks if you set the MacDon skid shoes all the way down and use the flexifloat lifters. That is why I use them. But they are lifters and as with any lifter they cause feeding issues when the straw starts to get damp and the pea vines get all caught up on the lifters. Other problem is the reel tooth spacing on the FD headers is closer together than previous versions of the headers and the lifters tend to catch more reel teeth. I had to take my MacDon rock dams off to use the flexi float lifters.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Twix,

thank you very much for the detailed description of the possibilities with this lifter. We actually fight a lot of stones around here and I think, based on your answer, that this investion will have it's payback very soon.
Thank you

TOM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts