The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
That is nasty. I remember thinking when we were there that the rivers didn't have the high banks and flood plains that our rivers do. They don't seem to have the seasonal flooding that we do... more of a constant high precipitation issue. When they do top the banks though, there's really nothing to contain the damage. I've always heard that European farmers are heavily subsidized, but those farm yards sure don't look like the sheds and out buildings that rich people would build.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I sure wouldn't want that on anyone! that clean up is going to take a long time..

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
its a mess, and plenty of grumbling going on about no help,, we are fast enough to help those over seas in Disaster but F****** slow to help our own people, no sign of the armed forced going in to help people and farmers get out and move livestock. it seams to be left to the kind people with FWDs and tractors to try and help them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's horrible with the flooding predicted to spread to the south east as well as west so many terrible stories but also some amazing ones from farmers too nice to see everyone looking out for each other just ashame we've got more rain predicted

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont think any deaths yet

good old goverment are sitting back doing nothing not even sent in the army to help all cattel are sitting in cattel markets they are desperate for feed this is gonna take weeks to reseed back to normal levels
thank good for drainage systm that will help carry this water back off the feilds

·
Registered
96 Posts
i dont think any deaths yet

good old goverment are sitting back doing nothing not even sent in the army to help all cattel are sitting in cattel markets they are desperate for feed this is gonna take weeks to reseed back to normal levels
thank good for drainage systm that will help carry this water back off the feilds
There's been 2 deaths upto now from what I've just seen watching breakfast news have you seen all the farmers giving and shipping feed from across the country to feed the displaced cattle. most grass and crops need the floods will be lost now as its been more that 21 days underwater so sad
And you are correct very little government help beyond a few solders rather than the hundreds needed and the poor environment agency guys on the ground

1 - 8 of 8 Posts