The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We would like to put a good set of flotation tires on our 2377, just wondering what size would be a good combination and the make. I dont really want to extend the cat walk to the cab from where it is right now but if I must thats ok. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll try to help some. First question is how large do you want to go. If you go to a 50" wide tire you will need the factory axle extensions that come on combines with duals. If your combine isn't equipped for duals I'm not sure how wide you can go. Here in rice country we ran alot of 68x50x32 Firestone's on front in the past 10 to 15 years but the big 710 metric duals have replaced most of them. We also ran 54x37x25 on rear (steer). I have since traded my 1688 that I ran them on and went with the big metric duals myself. My old floats are just setting out in a shed. I know there are some 44" floats being run in parts of the country, just not mine so I don't know that much about them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ive got a 1680 rice machine that Im wanting to put floaters on and ditch the rice and cane, due to tracking up the field too much. How'd you like floaters on your 1688? If you had to make any adjustments to your machine to accommodate the larger tires, what kind? I wish I knew more about them but nobody runs them in my area, so any input is much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts