The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some help or advice in why my VR application is way off the mark insofar as the actual applied rate.
VR plan was done in farmworks & all seemed to fine.
Imported the plan in shape file format to FM1000, selected as "applied rate" - all seemed fine.
However, the actual applied rate was way over the design rate. The flow meter calibration has not changed & was spot on previously doing spraying without VR.
The logic gives me a headache in this but I note a "prescription scale factor". Why would you need to scale an already worked out prescription application file ..... again, after it has been calculated to an enth of its life via a computer program that is designed to do .... just this very thing?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,807 Posts
I had to do similar with my VRA and FMX. I noted to the dealer it was dumb of trimble to have to do this. Also sent an email how dumb it was. I don't remember off the top of my head how it applies default, what the scale factor is from. How hard would it be to pick how the file is made, gallons, lbs, ounces, cube/ft,... Maybe I am missing something also. They advertise all this stuff as being so simple to use. Just spend 8hrs setting it all up and you are ready to go. After you spend another 8hrs finding out what all you missed and setup wrong. I can see why the Deere/Case stuff that is built for the specific equipment is so appealing.

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to do similar with my VRA and FMX. I noted to the dealer it was dumb of trimble to have to do this. Also sent an email how dumb it was. I don't remember off the top of my head how it applies default, what the scale factor is from. How hard would it be to pick how the file is made, gallons, lbs, ounces, cube/ft,... Maybe I am missing something also. They advertise all this stuff as being so simple to use. Just spend 8hrs setting it all up and you are ready to go. After you spend another 8hrs finding out what all you missed and setup wrong. I can see why the Deere/Case stuff that is built for the specific equipment is so appealing.
I presume your dealer & trimble were actually shaking in their boots upon receipt of your email & contacted you immediately with a full resolution to your problem & their f..kup! :rolleyes:
You could knock me down with a feather if they just ignored you - that wouldn't happen now surely :confused:

So, it looks like the "prescription factor" is the likely problem here ..... & do you remember what the factor number is to make it work ...... as designed?
And please don't tell me the factor number is different for all different products & or VR applications. If it is, I will take the whole lot back to town .... all greased up ..... & shove up any orifice that is within range in the dealership!

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you left the scale factor at the standard 1:1?
Scale Factor is not the problem here. All plans & inputs are done in metric so scaling is not applicable.
I have since found the problem. The "tank mix" i.e "X" amount of product in with a carrier - I thought would be the basis of the application. Apparently not with FW. All the controller sees is an amount of "product" i.e. liquid, through a pipe (flow meter) at a certain place in time. Nothing more & nothing less. So when you do a VR plan on FW & you think you are using the tank mix, it actually is only doing the VR planning on the product & not including the carrier.
I'm waiting on FW to send an answer as why this is so as FW is very confident that I did everything correct. Anyway FW have the data so they will come up with something ..... eventually.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
The products need to be setup properly in FW. Ran into the same thing with my applied map on nh3. The numbers were to high yet I new they were bang on as we had hand calc'd the rate during calibration runs. Turned out the FMX was recording product lbs even though I have the display set to display actual pounds N.

Set the product in FW to .82 and everything was inline.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.