The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have one of these, when you fill it how long does it last ? Can hardly get a pick up truck covered with foam and mine is empty. Has a dial from 1-10 and I set it at 3. Any lower and you don't get foam. Any higher it empties instantly.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I can do a semi and on half a fill with ours. Cup or 2 of soap. Keep the dial at .75 or 1. Ours started life as hog barn disinfector if that makes any difference. Do you run your water hot thru the cannon? Maybe something needs cleaning?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Brand new. No hot water. Does it make a difference how big of pressure washer on it ?
hmm thats strange. i would think that the pressure washer should not matter. I think that the problem will be in the cannon. if i set it on #3 mine would be empty right away as well. Maybe try a different soap? i dont think it will get better unless you can dial the thing down..

·
Registered
713 Posts
Ours on #3 setting (1-10 same as yours) does our semi with tridem and would be about half empty. We use hot water, 5 gal/min and 2300 psi pump. Foams amazing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
We have the foam cannon that ms schippers sent to us. Settings 1-5. Have mine on at 3 and can wash semi and tandem trailer with a little bit left in there. MS states to only use cold water with their product. 2200 PSI pressure washer.

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Brand new. No hot water. Does it make a difference how big of pressure washer on it ?
Yes, when i purchased mine they asked what size my pressure washer was. My guess is you have a large capacity foam gun with a large orfice, not enough water for the size of the gun.

·
Premium Member
8,219 Posts
Can this foam be put through the soap system on a pressure washer? I have a Karcher and the soap is adjustable but wondering if I need a separate wand? I'm not really sure what type of soap came with it but it doesn't foam up like the pictures I have seen of the Schippers stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Can this foam be put through the soap system on a pressure washer? I have a Karcher and the soap is adjustable but wondering if I need a separate wand? I'm not really sure what type of soap came with it but it doesn't foam up like the pictures I have seen of the Schippers stuff.
It's a foam lance with a little bottle attached to the gun itself. Schippers soap/foam is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I use chemical guys foamer. Started using straight soap in it instead of mixing it. Seems to work good. 2 semi washes and 7 truck washes so far and it's just under 1/2 of the liter bottle

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I'm definatly doing something wrong ! I get half a pickup truck on a bottle full! Haven't had time to try it again, but there isn't much I can change.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Place I bought it, tell me it will use the whole can more or less to do a pickup truck. That sucks to have to refill during a semi wash. Might have to find a different one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts