The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered how you have the rotor set up on the 6088 for doing corn. Also we are having trouble with the 3408 plugging some rows at the top of the stalk rolls/stripper plates. This causes the cobs to boil up and not feed into the auger properly. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you double checked your deck plate? I had a couple rows bothering- to naked eye nothing looked wrong. Measured & stationary plate had slipped. Back was narrower than front. Reset them & good now.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Wow got my attention. I was like what in the heck did I say now haha

26_30 percent corn. 360 rotor. Fan 1120 and bottom sieve is pretty open the top sieve. Just to the point where I'm not getting but small pieces of cob. Not sure on head. So far working great. Is ur head on high or low speed?

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
check your knives on the 3408 have to be set real close and running together even. a few guys starting to have to same ol troubles we had with 800- 900- and 1000 series when knives get worn some.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Casefarmer, don't have two speed feeder so I guess there is only one speed. Farmertony, we checked the knives and they are all very close.I'm thinking I was just running the stripper plates too tight. I will play with that some more when I get that machine in the field again.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that an option? A friend of mine has a 3208 and they have a gear box on the back of the header at the end of the pto shaft. I don't have that. Is that what you mean.

·
Registered
117 Posts
the 34`s don`t have a 2 speed gearbox only the 32`s the new `88s have a 2speed feeder(option) and the 10`s and `20s have the variable speed feeders

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We did not get the 2 speed option on the 6088. I assume we have the fast speed only or am I wrong?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
actually i would bet more on slow... and yeah maybe you did have them to tight... i hope so...so far i like this head..we figured out the middle chain is why my field tracker and rtc wouldn't work... so hopefully it starts working..... thats been the only aggrivation... also the radiator sure is staying clean thanks to that new fan system....

kinda makes sense that would work better

1 - 10 of 10 Posts