The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade to some kind of air drill system and wondering what combinations some of you are pulling with an 846 Ford. Looking for ideas on what I'm gonna be able to handle for size and hydraulic capacity.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My neighbor has been pulling a JD 36foot 1850 with his 846 for years and has no problems. He says it could possibly use a little more power and traction when in muddy ground, but overall he really likes it. Are you looking for a no-till air seeder?

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
We run a 33 ft bourgault 8810, 3225 tank with an 876. The 876 has lots of extra horsepower for it, I'm sure an 846 could pull it with ease. This rig might be for sale in the spring.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I'm a bit undecided if I'm going air drill or air seeded. I realize a drill would mean an increase in spraying for burnoff and still using a pull behind sprayer. I do pull 37' of deep tillage and have pulled 39' when I've rented an anhydrous cultivator but that was a big load for me. I guess I'm concerned if pulling a tank and running a hyd fan will steal that much horsepower. I probably would handle a 33' quite easily NESASK, I'm about a half hour west of S'toon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Pulled 45' 8500 caseih hoe drill with an 846. Seemed to be more than adequate hydraulics and lots of power to pull it. Had 3/4" atom jets for openers on 7" spacing.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Pulled a 42' Seedhawk @10.5" with 4300 Bourgault tank and 1750 NH3 tank with our 846 for 1 year. I was pretty much maxed out with this combination in heavy clay. As for the hydraulics you will probably limited to a single fan machine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Pulled a 40' Seedhawk with onboard 200 bushel tank and a 2000 g NH3 tank with a 846 for three years. We were mudding for two of those years and the tractor handled it decently. It had adequate hydraulics, it turned a fan, twin augers for the onboard tank, plus down pressure for the shanks and it handled it.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
L10 is max 230 hp, open center hyd's , traction will be a issue, there not heavy enough, gonna need fluid in tires, with decent tires, drill depends on what drill requires for hyd's , with that beening said yes it will pull it, make sure hyd's are up to snuff, Scott.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts