The Combine Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
428 Posts
Hi guy,

When you notice the site loading slow, can you please take a screenshot of the loading bar so we can show the tech team what the page is hanging on? Also, can you please record what page you were on when that happened, what browser/desktop you are using and what geo location you are in. It's a pain, I know, but it will help the team significantly with getting the issue hopefully resolved sooner.

~Sheena

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Hi guy,

When you notice the site loading slow, can you please take a screenshot of the loading bar so we can show the tech team what the page is hanging on? Also, can you please record what page you were on when that happened, what browser/desktop you are using and what geo location you are in. It's a pain, I know, but it will help the team significantly with getting the issue hopefully resolved sooner.

~Sheena
Will do, has been pretty good today but got horrible last night, thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't have much trouble with to slow but have pretty new computer. I have been getting Victoria's Secret popup adds on the side, might have to check into blocker. Maybe next month.:)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Second time trying to reply to this thread... First time the Tiger Lights ad was up and it and the ad ran slowly, words came up slow... Then IE froze up completely and had to restart to get rid of it. Wonder if some are using flash player plugin or something is up with that? Not just this site, and not just that add causing issues.

Page a little sluggish as well, and now some nail care ad running and once again its using flash player.

·
Administrator
428 Posts
When you see these ads, please take a screenshot of them, note the page you were on when it popped up, what geo location you are in, device/browser and finally, the full URL of the ad. Once we get all this information, then we can send it in to development to fix.

~Sheena

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
I screwed up a couple times and bumped my volume button and lost a couple different ones but I got a couple of pics for ya, one of how the pages load funny sometimes also

Along with that I didn't snap it but something went nuts and red cross advertising on the top of the page opened like 15 tabs all at once

Attachments

·
Administrator
428 Posts
I screwed up a couple times and bumped my volume button and lost a couple different ones but I got a couple of pics for ya, one of how the pages load funny sometimes also

Along with that I didn't snap it but something went nuts and red cross advertising on the top of the page opened like 15 tabs all at once
Thank you for the pics, if the page loads funny again, take another pic if you can! And for the second image, is this a redirect from an ad?
Have you tried to clear your caches and cookies lately from the browser?

Richard.

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Thank you for the pics, if the page loads funny again, take another pic if you can! And for the second image, is this a redirect from an ad?
Have you tried to clear your caches and cookies lately from the browser?

Richard.
Since we talked about this life has been pretty good actually, don't know why

A couple times I got this ad.click thing but I keep hitting my volume when I do it and it covers up the link and actually since I took that pic of the page where the posts run to the top of the page hasn't happened again with was really natorious

I have cleared out my cookies and downloads regularly and normally run with 3 tabs open is all but the rest work fine

On the second image say I am just typing away and the screen will go all white, I pull down the address bar and another site will be there, it will quickly come up "tab crashed" and then I press reload witch brings me right back to the forum

I will try my best to get more pics but like I say things happen fast when it does it and now that it has been brought up things seem to ok

Thanks very much for listening!

·
Administrator
428 Posts
Ads are localized so not everyone is seeing the same ones.

Can you get the screen shots of the ads and where they are located on the forum?
Please make sure that you're logged in as well, the video ones should only be visible to guests.

Make sure that you've tested this on multiple browsers and that any adblock plugins are not on so they don't interfere with how the site loads.

Lee

·
Registered
619 Posts
I've been trying to notice where the site is specifically slow but so far it's just slower in general. When I have multiple tabs open with other web sites there aren't any issues. With the combineforum, switching between or closing tabs always has a pause. Also, scrolling down pages has a slight delay.
I am using IE 11. Computer power is not the issue.

·
Administrator
428 Posts
I've been trying to notice where the site is specifically slow but so far it's just slower in general. When I have multiple tabs open with other web sites there aren't any issues. With the combineforum, switching between or closing tabs always has a pause. Also, scrolling down pages has a slight delay.
I am using IE 11. Computer power is not the issue.
As mentioned before, have you tried to clear your caches and cookies?

Richard.

·
Registered
735 Posts
3 different computers and all slow as ****. Half the time it won't load the next page and I have to constantly refresh pages. At times it won't let me comment on a post, I left plenty of replys only to have to shut down the page. Don't even dare to try with android phone or tablet. The best thing about this site is you can scroll over the post and it shows it to you so you don't have to open it like you do on ag talk. Then most of the time on ag talk it is complete junk and wished I never opened the stupid tab.
I forgot to mention forget about looking at more than 2 pics on a post without refreshing screen.

·
Registered
619 Posts
3 different computers and all slow as ****. Half the time it won't load the next page and I have to constantly refresh pages. At times it won't let me comment on a post, I left plenty of replys only to have to shut down the page. Don't even dare to try with android phone or tablet. The best thing about this site is you can scroll over the post and it shows it to you so you don't have to open it like you do on ag talk. Then most of the time on ag talk it is complete junk and wished I never opened the stupid tab.
I forgot to mention forget about looking at more than 2 pics on a post without refreshing screen.

I sure wouldn't go that far with mine. I have cleared cache and cookies. Did again and will see what happens from here again.

I do agree that the thread pop up is a great feature. Open way less threads because of it.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
I have noticed that too. Sometimes it will allow more if you let it load for awhile(even after picture is fully shown). If you reverse any sooner it kicks you back to "active topics" or whatever you were on before that particular thread.

Site in general lately has been slower for me too. I also love the feature where the text pops up from a thread before having to open it.

Why don't you guys just pull the ads for a week and see if that helps.:biggrin:

·
Administrator
428 Posts
Hi,

When you notice the site slowing down and hanging on loading something, can you please take a screenshot of the status bar so that we can have a better idea what is causing the site to load slow/just hang for a bit.

~Sheena

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I usually use the advanced version of the full site on my old iPhone 4S and had been having virtually every problem discussed with the exception of pop up ads never being a problem. I used this for a solution to all of the problems.

Click on TOOLS at the top of the page or wherever you can find it with your device software and site style selections.

That will open a little grey window with options, click on User CP, this will open User Control Panel

Under the Settings Options menu, click on Edit Options

On that page scroll down to Thread Display Options. The very first setting is labeled Visible Post Elements

Unselect Show Signatures, by clicking the box to make the checkmark disappear.

Next, deselect Show Avatars by doing the same.

You can leave the Show Images selected by keeping its checkmark in its box. This part is for attached photos and photos that are linked within the body of the post, not the avatars.

Next scroll down to the heading Number of Posts to Show per Page. Select Use Forum Default if that is not showing in that box.

Scroll down to Image Resize and select Default ( Enlarge in Same Window)

Then scroll to the bottom or the end of those options and click on Save Changes

Do not click Reset Fields or you will have to start over.

Sorry to say, I believe most of these problems are caused by our own high definition avatar photos! I also compose most long posts like this in my notes App and paste them in the reply box to avoid possible glitches. With these settings I can load any page in 3 to 10 seconds and have no freezing when scrolling.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts