·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Almost missed it in the shadows...

·
Registered
581 Posts
The basic design looks largely unchanged. Curtain, paddle design and speed of operation are about the only things left to figure out. I wish they would have designed a system that dropped the rotor discharge in the middle of the machine with the shoe discharge and spread it all together using a two spreader design or a rear mounted chopper. When you start talking about 40 foot or wider heads it is a long way to throw material to cover the right side. The current chaff spreader is fine for 25' and maybe 30' heads but not adequate for 40' platforms and 12 row corn heads, and the chopper has left quite a bit to be desired for years.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The spreader will cover 40'. Last year, it had to be turned down to keep from shattering beans beyond the 40ft draper.

This is a current R76 with the dynaflex 40

·
Registered
581 Posts
Looks like it is covering well to the right but is leaving a gap on the left side creating the same type of problem. To me their will always be some challenges with the spread pattern when it is not centered.

That being said I have a friend with a 76 who is happy with his spread pattern, but he just has a 30' flex head.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Gleanersuper7, Quick question on the performance of the 9250 dynaflex. Has it been running to expectations? Any weak points that have been exposed that one should look out for this year? Haven't heard of anyone running them yet and just want to get my toes wet before I start harvest shortly with one.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've seen photo's of the spread behind Deere and Case IH combines with 40' headers, the Gleaner spread is just as good. Seen video of a red 9120, the Gleaner is much better than it. Maybe they can all be tweaked. Sometimes also, you can turn the spreader too fast and it won't spread wide or even.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hope you don't mind me posting some more of your pictures Alex.

Spreader

·
Registered
293 Posts
Are they really coming out from the factory black? Is that going to be strandard? I don't know it may not look so bad. Somthing different i guess. lol

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No Harvester88, it's a promotional thing, it's nickname is "The Stealth" hence the black paint job.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looks like a working combine to me. Some bent and scratched tin here and there, little bit of mud on the tires, still some straw at the feeder house opening. I'm impressed! Looks like she is a work horse. Wished we had a near by dealer closer than 70 miles.
Thank you for the picts.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The spread pattern looks very good to me. If anything it might be over throwing a little. I have come to the consensus that Looking will never be satisfied.

·
Registered
581 Posts
One thing I am not is satisfied. Everything can always be improved. Obviously the spread pattern behind this 40' head is good or at least better than the old 5 series, but it still looks weak on the one side to me. Could be the photo. Nonetheless, simple physics make the discharge point on a Gleaner problematic for an even spread with just one spreader.

·
Registered
75 Posts
maybe one thing they could add to the new model gleaners is an outside access door for the current battery location,currently where the hyd reservoir is located makes for a very awkward work envoiroment..logic says it would be a simple fix. might even retro fit one on the R75 !!

·
Registered
337 Posts
One spreader is not the problem, you can make a single spreader Gleaner spread as well as it's green or red counterparts.You can throw all right or all left with Gleaners spreader, fine tune and it will throw equally well to both sides. That's what the retard and extend positions are for on the spreader arms, and the 4 may or maynot be set equally to get spread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm no expert but,, wind can ( and does) affect spread pattern. From the dust trails behind that machine, it looks to me to be blowing a bit.

·
Registered
581 Posts
You are correct. But it takes some work. Cross winds magnify the impact of the side discharge. From my limited time in the seat of a red one spread pattern was as simple as adjusting the speed. No paddles to retard or extend and no rubber paddles to replace every year or two.

Can't see form the pics if there is another spreader for chaff. The current set up is not adequate to spread bean or corn chaff for 40' heads.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Notice that the combine in the "40 ft. residue management .jpg" file photo is NOT the same combine as the Gleaner Super7. It is standard Gleaner silver colors and std. graintank extensions, as opposed to the Super7 flared out extensions.
PS - Don't hunt the decoys, boys.
The 9250 Dyna Flex draper is an interesting mechanical drive draper head, but I can't imagine the miter gears, and round shaft slide tension adjuster working very freely, very long. That drive should ride on a hex shaft to maintain free adjustability. Also, DD, I'm pretty skeptical about the life of the cogged tooth belt drive for the center feeder drum and center draper. I doubt if they are able to tolerate the occassional clumps of crop debris, chaff, mud or mouse nest that will get in there. I bet Oring, motorcycle chain would give better service life and easier replacement.

For years, we've been putting up with the challenges of low backshafts, interference with header tires, etc. and now these are even more problematic with those vulnerable drives down low. Oh well, perhaps this will help validate the benefits of a CLAD - Center Line Auger Drive header. We'll get there and include wing tip float sections along the way.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts