The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does someone as installed a fountain auger on a 1460 ? how does it cost, what parts do i have to change?pictures? thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry i just realized what was a fountain auger, i mean an incline auger instead of the horizontal auger thanks everybody

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks this helps me a lot its way cheaper than what i tought.good illustrating picures toohow does it works in high moisture conditions? did something already broke?i wanna know how much it is reliable thanks a lot

·
Registered
352 Posts
no nothing broke the one in our 1460 came with it already in there and the one we are going to put on our 1660 the horizontal auger is shot and the shorty auger in the center was coming apart and we need to do some other work to it so we figured might as well put this one on. well this last fall we were picking some 20+ moisture corn and it was working fine. the only problem we had with it the flighting is welded onto a tube and the tube is hollow with a shaft running through it they have a shear bolt on top of the auger and it would keep shearing it for no reason so but the hole was a little oblonged so we just drilled it out and put a little bigger bolt in and we havent had any problems with it since

·
Registered
352 Posts
o and on the backside where the sprocket is you dont have to change anything it uses the same setup as the old horizontal auger did i beleve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts