The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a 2008 2588. It came with a non functioning 4wd rear axle. I replaced it with a 2wd back axle, but the 18.4x26 tires appear to be the wrong size. I also run a 1997 2188 with the smaller 14.9x24 rear tires. Now our local dealer tells me that I should have the frame on the combine running about 3 degrees sloped to the front. With the small tires the highest angle I can achieve is about 2 degrees. With the big tires the lowest angle I can achieve is about 3.5 degrees. The case website tells me that you can raise the back of the combine to help with the cleaning process but no more than 3.5-4 degrees measured along the rear frame. I am within those tolerances, but nervous. I farm about 3500 acres of lentils, peas, canola and cereals. the heaviest burden will be in 110bu/ac barley, and 50 bu/acre canola.
My question is this: How high is too high? when will I begin to overload my sieves?
thanks

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Firstly, I want to thank you for such a detailed description of your question. That helps very much to have as many details as possible. Thanks for that.

You likely will not notice the difference. Least of all in the half degree stuff. Measure the angle with the header on.

Some machines do not respond well to any incline/decline at all. IMO, the decision to setup the incline should be based on that particular machines needs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts