The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase a 2006 M2-106 with a 20 ft grain box. Spec's are MBE 900 280hp/Allison 3500rds/6.43 ratio/11/22.5 rubber. It will be used for shorter hauls like field to bin as well as some highway travel. I wont get a chance to run it loaded,so I'm wondering if I'm going to be disappointed with this setup. If I had more use for a tractor trailer unit, that would certainly be the route to take. Thx

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
Well, I'll give you my usual song and dance about an Allison being the best transmission!
Hey, quiet you guys, that yawning is deafening!

No experience with that engine size but I haven't heard anything particularly bad about them but I leave it to others.

For the use you have in mind I think you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
5,952 Posts
Well, I'll give you my usual song and dance about an Allison being the best transmission!
Hey, quiet you guys, that yawning is deafening!

No experience with that engine size but I haven't heard anything particularly bad about them but I leave it to others.

For the use you have in mind I think you'll be fine.
So, does yours have the MBE4000?

I coulda sworn it had the smaller 900 in it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response guys. I've read that this "little" Benz has some reliability issues such as EGR and turbos etc. Decisions,Decisions :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.