The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a Columbia on the farm what's your thought on the truck? Most of them that I look at the dash is cracked and falling apart, is this a problem or is it just neglect from the past drivers? Seems like the truck would make a good farm truck with the visibility and a wheelbase around 170". I find a lot of newer trucks for less money but they all have the emissions on the them and I'm thinking that maybe a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
241 Posts
A few around here that seem to be the same. Beaten up to a pulp. We bought one ex-fleet truck, and though well maintained, never will again. Ordered to be the cheapest of the cheap. As I expect most Columbias and Cascadias would be as well.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Ours has 550k on it, and seems to be in okay shape. They definitely aren't built to the same quality as other trucks. The cab rattles a lot and the doors don't seal very well. Engine runs well and it pulls our b trains just fine.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found one that looks good inside but maybe a lot of dash pieces have been replaced. I'm thinking after a year of gravel roads and rough fields it will be cracking apart.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Maybe. Ours has survived 7 years on the farm and still look alright. I think we screwed a piece of the dash together when we first bought it but that was about it. The doors are getting looser over time, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts