The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad got a good deal today on a truck and trailer set-up. Truck is a 1987 Freightliner with a Cummins and 9 spd trans. I wasn't at the auction but I'm guessing its a FL112 w/ an L10 Cummins?? Anyway I'm not really up to par with the freightliner's and don't really know much about them. The truck does have high miles, is there any common issues with these trucks and/or engines we should be on the look out for?

Also any other experience with freightliners that you feel like sharing would be appreciated.

The trailer is also a 28' single hopper, it's a White brand?? idk just what the auction catalog say's I never heard of a White hopper trailer, but it was in great shape.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
That looks like a nice inexpensive rig. We had a fl with similar body style yours has the single headlights I assume. Anyways truck was very good to us only diff was it had a 3176 cat. My only e experience with that cummins motor is some were oil burners some were not We had one in a 9150 cih good motor but used 1.5 litres per day oil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.