The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends, I'm in the market for a shulte snowblower and a tractor. I've heard before that the front pto on a tractor rotates the wrong direction so I may need to run a shaft underneath the tractor to the rear pto. So my question is, before I go and look for a tractor with a front pto, is it true that it rotates the wrong direction or is it the same thing as using the rear one?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi friends, I'm in the market for a shulte snowblower and a tractor. I've heard before that the front pto on a tractor rotates the wrong direction so I may need to run a shaft underneath the tractor to the rear pto. So my question is, before I go and look for a tractor with a front pto, is it true that it rotates the wrong direction or is it the same thing as using the rear one?
I've read somewhere that front mounted blowers have a lever to change the gear box rotation so that it can be used front & rear.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh ok well then it should be easy enough, thanks. Nice outfit by the way.
On Schulte blowers, ONLY the "117" models have the gearbox that is reversible (unless they have recently changed). On tractors, the front PTO can be had in many configurations, both in rotation,speed, and shaft type/spline. Often, North American models have a "small 1000" shaft rotating counter-clockwise (sitting in the seat), which is clock-wise when facing the front PTO, (so implements designed for rear mounting can also be used on the front), but European models often have PTO shafts turn opposite directions.
Tire Wheel Green Motor vehicle Tractor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts