The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some red lentils that pods are ripe but plants are grass green and need sprayed. We had frost the night before 0 at midnight to -3 at six in the mourning and -1 all of last night. Question is will this be enough frost to kill the plants? Or will the roundup heat mix even work now? I also have bad thistle on one field.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have some custom spraying for a neighbour (glyphosate on flax), I asked my input dealer if the roundup will work, they said if the frost didn't kill the plants, its still to cold for them to take anything in they are "shut down" wait till it warms up.

Now Im not sure if the same goes for heat or not?

If a -3 frost was going to kill anything, I think lentils would be on the top of the list?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
You will have to wait a few days for plants to re-coop. In my opion the frost last night will be borderline to kill stuff enough it will dry out for harvest. I have a few chicpeas that I'm sure I will have to hit with glyphosate still.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.