The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a pretty much sleepless night last night since the weather network was calling for +2 with a risk of frost. I need another 2 weeks at least for my canola and late wheat...never mind my beans. Luckily we got through with a low of +3. Anyone unfortunate enough to get frost last night?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Plus 4.7C min read, N of Wadena. Usually 2 degrees high. No frost seen here.

·
Registered
925 Posts
This past Friday , Aug 22 we had =1 C for an 1 1/2 hr a couple miles to the south west it froze longer enough to put a white tinge on the canola that we were swathing . From the Little Smoky south to Valleyview the frost lasted for much longer . . Throw in a nasty hail storm last wednesday that hit a swath from Debolt to south of Valleyview there are a number of disappointed farmers .

·
Registered
572 Posts
Saturday night temp -1.8 c sunday night -1.0 c. tops of cucumbers froze a bit in the garden but all crops look ok so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
touch of frost this morning on windshield and roof tops and in the ditches. the merc thermo showed +1*C at 5am south west of canora. doesn't look like any crop damage,garden still looks good too

·
Registered
72 Posts
Okay lets call it the "F" word for the rest of the fall so we don't tempt fate. If any of us in the Great Lakes get the "F" word early in September then we are well and truly F'd. There is a lot of corn out there not much past blister. Farmers Almanac is calling for another hard winter but God don't let it come until the corn is made.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Okay lets call it the "F" word for the rest of the fall so we don't tempt fate. If any of us in the Great Lakes get the "F" word early in September then we are well and truly F'd. There is a lot of corn out there not much past blister. Farmers Almanac is calling for another hard winter but God don't let it come until the corn is made.
Same here. Corn, beans, canola, sunflowers you name it we need frost free till late September.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
F'd is right. We need probably 3 weeks at best.

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
Weather woes!

Am I ever glad to see this :):

Alerts for: Drumheller - Three Hills

Statements

4:16 AM MDT Thursday 04 September 2014
Frost Advisory ended for:

• Kneehill Co. near Acme and Linden
  • Kneehill Co. near Carbon
  • Kneehill Co. near Three Hills