The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your fuel usage per acre for soybeans/corn? Also I just figured my DEF usage & was .0420 gallon/acre which cost me $.0996 acre. The Operator manual says it has a 170 gallon fuel tank yet propaganda says 230. I dont have a meter on my fuel delivery tank so after 2 years of running I cant even guess. I would love to see less than 1 gallon per acre but with a 230 gallon tank it figures to 1.35 gallon per acre. Just wondering about your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
If your going on your computer for consumption you maybe out a bit. +/- 5-10%. And you may not want to rely on the fuel gauge for fuel tank capacity. Ours was out almost a quarter of a tank, and not a quarter tank over what was in it, but a quarter tank under what was in it. It also didn't show full when the tank was full.

I forget off hand what the capacity of the tank is. But we have a meter on our bulk tanks. I would highly recommend getting one. It removes quite a bit of doubt. Still have the feeling that it can't be right sometimes, more I don't want it to be right that the combine is burning about 15-18 gph where I would rather it burn half that. I think we call that wishful thinking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.