The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do both!! It will be the closest thing to a draper for many $$$$ less. No more feederhouse banging and great performance. I am well pleased with mine for the second year.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The Orbit reel does work that good and with our's I see no need for a full fingered auger. I know that Agco does offer the Orbit reel and I have yet to talk to anybody who used an Orbit reel say it wasn't worth the money.

·
Registered
13 Posts
used an orbit reel on an full fingered 8200 last year. had a heavy tall green soybean crop. full fingers feed the material under the auger and feeding is very constant. At times the fingers would pull a large slug in and break off. tried a orbit reel on a 1020 this year totally different conditions but felt that it kept the cutter bar clean still having problems with the corp riding in front of the auger i think full fingers would help. I like both on the gleaner head.

·
Registered
192 Posts
we have starting to use air reels before the full finger auger on came out on the 1020 headers and had much success back in 2000. short crops help alot plus all others. all customers very happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts