The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Ours looks okay as far as fusarium goes. It got sprayed probably ten or eleven days ago. We have more than enough physiological leaf spot though. It's in our spring wheat pretty bad too. Otherwise our wheat has handled the moisture pretty well. Looks good now.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Yours is likely a few days ahead of ours. I hope it doesn't start showing up in ours but it wouldn't surprise me. Sprayed caramba on two fields and had to get a plane to spray prosaro on the other. Flourish and falcon.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have all Flourish. 5 heads with at least some infection out of 20 . average 3 kernels /infected head. Never seen it show up this early before. Maybe these kernels will all shrink up. We will see what happens with the spring wheat. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Really seeing the fus show now too. Ca rumba seems to be holding leaf disease off better in the w.wht than the spring wht, but it looks like bacterial blight has really set in (getting confirmation on that). Found the carumba was hard on the crop where the boom slowed down on corners or on headland overlap. Never seen that before, and it doesn't really look like a burn, more like bad leaf disease in those said areas????? Sprayed a little 18 ac field at 1.3 x rate and 16 gallons to finish up a tank and wow that was a mistake.

Decided against canola fungi as ground in the wht is drying up and couldn't find any mushrooms. Hot weather on the way too.

l 252 and L130 best looking canola, nex 1012 getting decimated with blackleg. I'm done with nex till bl resistance gets better.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I talked with Brent kozie(spelling) about it today. He said lots of farmers raving about how well it handled this winter compared to flourish and falcon. I don't know if I can go back to a full height winter wheat though. I hate the straw problems we have now even with falcon.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didnt ask him if I could quote him so I won't. I will find out if he's a Canterra dealer for you though. Stay tuned. But I'm thinking if he's got it in a test plot with Flourish and Falcon on his seed farm then he might be genuinely interested in finding out what's what. I intend to go to have a look for myself and will take some pictures if he doesnt mind.Not that I have ever figured out how to post pictures on here.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I never did get down to see this wheat plot before harvest. Does anybody have a good idea of how flourish did compared to falcon and how emerson did compared to either of them as far as fus and don levels. almost time to plant and I don't know what to plant !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.