1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these links quite interesting.

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/nys/cnh/fiat/baker.pdf

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/nys/cnh/fiat/fusignani.pdf

For some reason the links don't work anymore but they are still on cnh's website the case ih one is the 2nd one and the 6th one talks about future ag development.

http://investors.cnh.com/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=cnh&script=2100

It states "In 2008, case ih will upgrade our class 6 combine, taking our most successful product to the next leve."

In the second link on pg. 6 there is a small picture of what looks like a 6010 but the back end of it still looks like a2588.

"Lastly, Case IH will extend our AFX product line to the Class 9 with the introduction of the AFX 9010, in 2009."

"In 2008 we will launch the highest horse power Magnum ever built- 330hp. Also 2008 new cab offering."

"In 2009 we will introduce the CVT transmission to the product line."

For planters
"We will be launching 28 new products, including:
*The New large 60 ft, 24 row planter- 2007
* High production versions with row unit suspension- 2008
* High speed versions with a new meter system- 2009"

"New dealers in open points- 50 in North America."

This is all off of CNH's website, though some of you might be interested.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
For some reason I doubt they re-branded the 2388 into the 2588 just 2 years prior to making it the 6010. Possible though.

Good find.

-Lance

·
Registered
71 Posts
Quote:For some reason I doubt they re-branded the 2388 into the 2588 just 2 years prior to making it the 6010. Possible though.

Good find.

-Lance

The new decals and the new shade of red paint cost the same as the old decals and paint. The only cost was throwing way 2388 sale literature.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:For some reason I doubt they re-branded the 2388 into the 2588 just 2 years prior to making it the 6010. Possible though.

Good find.

-Lance

Those were my thoughts exactly. But wasn't the 1688,1666 only for a couple yrs?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Well that would make sense. It seems those pdf files are presentations that CNH big wigs gave in Turrin Italy this past November for some sort of an Investor conference. Sure looks like Case IH is ready to fix some of its shortcomings! Hope they pump out some quality new products... sure sounds like some neat stuff coming down the pipe.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Quote:The new decals and the new shade of red paint cost the same as the old decals and paint. The only cost was throwing way 2388 sale literature.

The 2588 decal I saw was 3-D and really nice. I'm sure it costs more than the 2388 stickers.

Rebranding a machine, with no major changes, on relatively short notice, with only 2 years before another rebranding? That doesn't add up to me. I'm sure there is more to the story than we know.

The sales literature would need to be replaced anyway due to different specs on the engine HP and other things.

-Lance

·
Registered
929 Posts
Did anyone else notice that one chart that compared the Case IH 2399 to the JD 9660? Huh? Why would they change it to the 25XX and then go back to the 23XX? Something seems weird there. Maybe they will call it the 2599. Looked like a 2388 with a new skin. Hope they figure out how to put the leveling sieves into it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:Did anyone else notice that one chart that compared the Case IH 2399 to the JD 9660? Huh? Why would they change it to the 25XX and then go back to the 23XX? Something seems weird there. Maybe they will call it the 2599. Looked like a 2388 with a new skin. Hope they figure out how to put the leveling sieves into it.

I'm pretty sure they were comparing the current models, they call it a 2399 in other parts of the world for some reason.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I like the re branded decal, they have finally realised what the farmers want, INTERNATIONAL!!! It is very similar to the origional, much better that that scrawly thing they thought was trendy in the late 90's

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just read all of that on the link, at last they have finally realised that they can't palm rubbish on to us (I am refering to the MXM and MXU tractors) And they need to make the biggest capacity combine possible to blow Claas (CAT) out before they really take off. Over here in England they don't push the Axial Flow hard enough. Claas really have a foothold even though in my opinion they are much more expensive and certainly are no better. The main model they sell is the Lexion 580, because it has the highest capacity. I think people would buy a 9010 instead if the price and sales pitch was right!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"The second product, which will represent the highest power tractor in the cash crop segment, with a powershift transmission, will be launched in second half 2007 and I can't disclose the key features yet. I would like only to tell you we will have the best turning radius in the market and the best in class cab for ergonomy, interior volume, comfort and visibility."

Seems like they are being a little secretive here compared to how candid they are in other future products. Do you think maybe there is a slight chance we'll see the "magnum articulated", something that has been rumured for a long time with case ih developing it in the early 90's. Think about it, it would have the best turing radius like they said. But prolly not, prolly just wishful thinking on my part.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Well they didn't really give much info on any of products. I would like to know what "changes" are being made to the class 6 combine? Is it just a 2588 with a new skin or is it more like the 70-8010s? Since the back end looks the same as the 25's I would guess its probably just the shell thats much different.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Thats some hopper extension on the 8010 or whatever that is

ew goodie....is 2008 a 2888 combine

i can't wait....they might add 2 washer's on the clean grain elevator slip clutch then and might finally do something crazy like make the hopper bigger

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hope at least that they update the cab, put a single point hookup on it, and put the self leveling sieves in it.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I still kinda like the cab...but i can see how after being in a 8010 that id like it better...i do like the radio being in front of you than off to the side..

thats the only thing really i don't like...that and the engine key being in a weird location..

i don't mind one bit if they put a 6010 shell on the combine and then change a few things...just don't want them to get out of controll

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's some good information. I like caseih but it seems a bit weird to me that they are comparing a 2006 8530 with a future Magnum saying that it will have it beat except for the CVT which will follow shortly after the horsepower upgrade. That would be great if John Deere sat on its but and did nothing to change the current model. It seems like case is just a step behind the competition and to compare future products to the current competitor doesnt seem too productive. Thats my 2 cents anyway.

·
Registered
475 Posts
But what else do they have to compare to? It's not like they can compare their own future offering to JD's future offering because they don't know what it is. They can only compare what they are going to build to what currently in the marketplace.

Just looking at the combine picture on pg 6 and it looks like it has the current 2588 cab.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts