The Combine Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Quote:This is where the Gleaners were great with the constant feed angle into the transverse rotor.

Jono

The Lexion benefits from constant angle feeding into its threshing cylinder via its front APS cylinder used to gradually increase material speed so that it doesn't happen all at once and harm the crop. It also spreads the material out over the entire width of the threshing cylinder so that there isn't any slugs or tough wads of material causing that romping sound. Makes the combine burn less fuel and is much easier on the crop.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Glad there makeing some more improvements on the 2588 series

But i always like to throw in a couple obvious things

A. Extended WEAR Auger in the hopper PLZ!!!!!!!!!!

B. You can even see the small auger's in the hopper wear alot

C. didn't have any problems this year but some years the combine slip clutch on the clean grain elevator is a major pain (last year for us) was a nightmare

I do like tho how the 2588 this year we are getting later this year has a 25% better clutch.

Asked a rep what the difference was.....They put a washer under the spring

HA...:) got to love it!!!!

Besides that weve been rolling combines for 10 years or more and they are and have been very very great machines for the 4 years or so they stay in this area

Sure handle those 36ft drapers well

·
Registered
82 Posts
Casefarmer, The grain tank issue was also mentioned and I forget what the deal was there, either they have already improved it or they are working on improving it........if I had to bet I would go with they have improved it for this year but I was a "little under the weather" the day that they were talking about it

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
That sounds good... that part of the machine has not changed one bit (and i would guess the thickness of metal hasn't since the 1480)

If it has they should have rethought it

·
Registered
137 Posts
mx110, from what you were told about a 6520, sounds like that will be when a whole new line rolls out, xx20 series? If they were to put a longer auger in the grain tank that didn't have to push grain 3ft above itself, like the 8010 has now, that auger would last a lot longer, main issue then for some guys would be having to fold it down when switching fields, just and idea. It will be interesting to see what changes they make. Hydro.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ya reading between the lines a little I think that we will likely see the xx20 series in 09/10 as these where the years mentioned for big changes on the combine side of things. That is my best guess with limited information, time will tell though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quote:Ya reading between the lines a little I think that we will likely see the xx20 series in 09/10 as these where the years mentioned for big changes on the combine side of things. That is my best guess with limited information, time will tell though.

Where exactly were these plants? My dad and I have wanted to take a tour of some Case IH plants but havent gotten around to it.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Quote:Where exactly were these plants? My dad and I have wanted to take a tour of some Case IH plants but havent gotten around to it.

Case IH combines are made in Grand Island, NE.

I think the STX tractors are made at the old Steiger facility in Fargo, ND.

I think they produce some of the smaller tractors in Racine, WI, but I'm not real sure on that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Round balers are built in New Holland, PA. Along with other forage equipment. Self propelled windrowers and some other smaller items are built in Belleville, PA. I heard that they are closing the Belleville plant and moving some of it to Grand Island. Pretty sure the SPX sprayer is built in Minnesota, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You are correct they are in the process of moving the self propelled windrowers to Grand Island. The SPX sprayers, FLX floaters, and cotton pickers are all built in Benson MN. The planters and heads are built in Manitoba I believe. It is either there or somewhere in Saskatchewan but I can not remember which

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
saskatoon for disc's field cults and such I think the DMI plant is closing moving to canada as well. sad it's not in rock island any more plant is all gone

·
Registered
25 Posts
The planters and combine headers are made at the former(well, I guess it still is, technically) Flexi-Coil facility in Saskatoon, Sask. The air seeders are built there as well, whether its CaseIH, New Holland, or Flexi-Coil brand.

The Steiger plant in Fargo, ND, makes the STX/TJ tractors as well as the NH bi-directional tractors. They also make CNH's large front end loaders up there as well the last I knew

41 - 54 of 54 Posts