The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
why do you ask? super mud buggy? :)

we have some spare final drives if necessary.

we dont have any G's on blocks to go easily count, but we may be moving the G diesel hydro around the yard at some point and could try to put some metal marker on the tire and the shaft and see if we can give an accurate count.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually for a super stock pull tractor. Currently run final drives off of an F2, but we were told the G had the same final drives with bigger axles. Need to make sure ratio is close to same though. Not having much luck finding information. Would be great if yall ever roll one around. Thanks

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
G finals are substantially different than F/F2 finals. the last year F2 (1982) through all F3s have a different final that I have never laid eyes on (our newest F series is a 1981 F2) but 81 and older has a rather small final in comparison to the G.

The 81 and older F series final can clear 26 inch rims, and the G final can barely clear a 30 inch rim, so that may factor into the decision.

The G final is very robust. in the mud, F finals are known to go out on occasion, but a G has very stout finals, so I bet if your rims can clear it, I bet you will like the G final.

If we move the G around, we will try to get an accurate gear ratio measurement unless someone chimes in otherwise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.