The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im fixing to put a greenstar yield monitor in my 9610 and from what i understand i have to put the "gap" clean grain chain in it. what is the difference in this and a regular one??

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Solution Number: 55935

Solution Summary: DPAC SOLUTION - NEW CLEAN GRAIN ELEVATOR CHAINS ARE MISSING ONE PADDLE------Maximizer, 10 Series and 50 Series Combines

Publication Date: Oct 3 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Paper copies of solutions may not be the most current solutions**

Complaint or Symptom:

When a new clean grain elevator chain is received from service parts, it is missing one rubber paddle.

Solution:

All service parts chains are assembled with one less paddle. One less paddle on the chain creates a gap which allows the GreenStar mass flow sensor to re-zero with every revolution of the chain. A chain with one less paddle does not adversely affect the performance of the clean grain elevator.

By assembling all chains with one less paddle, there are fewer part numbers carried in the parts system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9600, 9650, 9510SH, 9510, 9550, 9550SH, 9400, CTS, 9650CTS, 9450, CTS II, 9880STS, 9750STS, 9650STS, 9410, 9610, 9501, 9500

CHAIN, FLOW, ELEVATOR, GRAIN, COMB SEP, 5512

So take one paddle out if the chain is good. Cut the bracket that holds the paddle on so it will not throw any grain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts