The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was chopping last week and the coop came to the Feald and filled the chopper and 3 trucks up with gas
With out me knowing and we ran them till the quit .we then draind every than and new filters all seamed ok till to day one truck the computer say has a bad injector
It this the start of things going bad
I just got done chopping for the year and the chopper will be parked up till next year so don't now if it is ok or not till next year
Any one on here had this happen befor and what happened

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Gas is a dryer fuel so it is very possible you have damaged injectors and are very fortunate you did not destroy your fuel pump as well as stretch your head bolts.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
There must not have been very much gas put in the tanks. If the gas/diesel ratio was closer to 100% gas, you shouldn't have an engine left!

Get them to pay to have the fuel system completely cleaned out. Possibly pay to have a shop pull the heads off and check things out?

Andrew

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Wow, I'd say at least the fuel pumps and injectors are screwed. Might run now with diesel but what happens 400 hours from now if you lose a motor?
I'd talk to
1) the dealers that sell/service the equipment. Ask what warranty would say.
2) your lawyer, get him up to speed (this should be #1 actually)
3) the coop, tell them they might owe you 4 engines. (or they agree to give warranty on these units for a reasonable time)

·
Registered
477 Posts
We proved in 2001, Esso contaminated our diesel with some amount of gasoline.....took 18 months and finally got a check $26,000....took out dodge cummins diesel injectors and Cat tractor at the time seeding....very stressful, Esso tech came out to do samples, checking up on our "house keeping".... Turned it around in due time...CATERPILLAR in USA told us to put 15w40 1-2 Litres per 1000 L fuel, it would help absorb or act like a sponge or help choke thru the contaminated diesel and protect the injectors...delays in seeding were tuff to take, 1-60 ft drill on 12,000 acres at the time, lost 3 days...several tractor injectors...

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Co op put gas in a few guys diesel tanks here one guy twice we put up with esso/viterra/cps/ whatever they go by now and there horrible book keeping/billing just because we have had the same fuel truck driver deliver to us for over a decade if we are in a oinch and need fuel we can call his personal cell he is great a hige asset to there fuel business in this area

·
Registered
589 Posts
i would be worried about the chopper. Expecially if your a custom guy or running huge acres. That is alot of money sitting there.

If your truck is having problems, its only a matter of time and your chopper will do the same.

Diesel engines run very strong just before they blow. Its a fact.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Coop called me today says it is going throw Mpi and they will be in touch the thing is telling them I wont really now what all is screwed till next June July
Contact your laywer ASAP!! This is not a MPI issue. For those that dont know what MPI is....Manitoba Public Insurance. In MB all veichles are licenced by MPI and is controlled by our sinking NDP goverment. This error has nothing to do with this situation. If the fuel truck backed into your equipment then it would be an MPI issue. If for some reason MPI gets involved....WATCH OUT!! You will be the loser in this one. They will nickel and dime you to nothing. They will pro rate your equipment based on the hours and say for example that your engine or injectors have 75% usuabe life used and they will only pay 25%.
On another note we use Red River Coop and they will not fill our machinery even in the yard if it is sitting beside the fuel tank....they say that they are not allowed for insurance reasons.....talk to your laywer!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am a custom guy farmer supply the diesel and some don't have a big tank for all we take so most guys just pump in to us
There was 650l in the chopper and around 300l in all 3 trucks
So I now I am screwed
I don't now why the coop is going throw Mpi he did not tell me

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I second the motion. Get a lawyer to make the next visit even if it costs you a few bucks. Rebuilding those 3 motors is not a cheap option, and let them know if it results in down time next year that there will be expenses related to that as well. I think the thing to do would be to go through the 3 motors now and expect to pick up 25% of the bill for depreciation. Waiting for them to fry won't make the job any cheaper. Right now you would probably get away with rings, injectors and a pump rebuild. I'm trying to remember the name of the place in Winnipeg that does pumps... we've sent them there and had excellent results.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.