The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m after some feedback on Gateway sieves for flagship machines.
Those that have installed them over OEM sieves:
Are they performing as well or better than OEM?
Are they lasting longer than OEM ....... or do I need to carry some spare louvres ?

Crops I harvest are, rice, cereals, canola, pulses ....... & anything else that makes money. Apart from industrial hemp. Never doing that stuff again! :53:

Gateway Combine Sieves and Combine Chaffers | HCC Inc.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Cant say for the flagship but I doubt much difference.

Got one in a 2388, not really sure if thier is much of a weight savings but they are very well biult.
The bushings the slats rotate in are quite large helping keep things tight.
Dont leave a hammer on your chopper and throw the combine in gear, the head can go through the slats and they are quite a puzzle to replace.
I bought the combine with the hammer damage fyi

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have seen these in rice and they seem to work as good as OEMs but wear out pretty fast. As in one season and changing louvres. But at least you can change louvres on these instead of changing the whole chaffer.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Would static electricity ever be an issue with the plastic louvres?
Thinking canola.
Hmmmm?

Like why?

Just confused.

I've cut wheat, corn, canola, sunflowers, safflower, flax and all sorts of things with them.

I dont see why the would wear out in rice worse than a metal one. The plastic is quite resilient.
I've been told but cant confirm they are supposed to be better at shedding frog guts in rice than metal ones. I could believe it because they shed snow way better than even my air foils.

Never thought of frog guts on a sieve until I was explained to why he used the plastic ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts