The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 1996 9400 Eagle with a Cat. The engine temp gauge has been wonky for a while jumping between the actual temp and red lining. Now the oil pressure gauge is doing the same thing only it doesn't show the actual pressure much. When you turn the key on they both cycle with the rest of the gauges. Find it hard to believe both sending units would fail at the same time. Computer? Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,233 Posts
Check your plugs between your engine harness and cab. Sounds like you may have an issue with green weenies or such in the contacts. May also be a ground issue within the dash. Just try moving the cables under the hood around jiggling them before actually opening them, might clear things up or even make more issues...but then you know you are looking in the right place. Sometimes these issues can be a pain to track down. I do have the ISIS disc for those trucks with the wiring diagrams but I just don't have time to dig into it these days. However with your serial number, you can order a specific schematic from IH. If you don't already have one, get them to print off or email you the line ticket (build specs) at the same time. They are handy when getting parts from aftermarket shops;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts