The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at the brochure for the S8 series combines and in the section regarding the rotor gearbox it says it is is reversing, is this something that the S7 series hasn't had meaning that if you plug the rotor you can reverse it out, looking at ordering a new S68 and would like to know, thanks.

·
Registered
345 Posts
No sh!t? It won't run in reverse by kicking the separator on? I didn't know that
Yes that was stretching reality by the advertising department. I remember when I was considering buying my S-78 and the factory rep answered my question about reversing by saying "there is a tool under the instructor seat".:rolleyes:

That is why they are always careful by saying "reversing capability" instead of saying it is a reversing gearbox. So in english it means the gearbox has a neutral position so you can use a wrench.

Now I am not against the idea because I have never yet slugged a transverse but for the advertising department to mislead potential buyers with clever wording is going a bit too far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.