The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know anything about oil transfering from the main gearcase to the hydrolic tankin 9610, and oil transfering from the hydrolic tank to the main gearcase in 9650. i have one of each doing this, it seams odd that one goes one way and the other goes the opposit. Has anyone had this happen to them

·
Registered
321 Posts
The hydraulic pumps on your 2 rigs are the culprits, the one pump has a circuit for the main hyd system, i.e. lift, reel, auger swing and the separator gearcase has a circuit also, which is the back of the pump which draws oil out of the bottom of the sep. gearcase to supply lube oil to the gearcase and is also responsible for providing steering function.

Inside the pump the oil is sealed between the 2 circuits but when the pump starts to leak internally, oil transfers between the 2 systems (usually on way or the other, not back n forth) and this is what you're expreiencing.

So after all the blah, blah blah from me, the fix is you need to replace your hydraulic pumps, on the 9610 there is 2 different pumps, you need to find out if you have single reduction (small pump) or planetary finals (larger)

The 9650 has a small or larger pump also, the bigger pump came with the HD hyd system option, do you know of yours had it?

jd

·
Registered
321 Posts
? jm4850
?????

The charge pump has nothing to do with oil going between the two systems. It is confined to drawing oil from the hyd resivoir, and feeding to the hydro.

The 9650 could possibly have the front seal on the hydrostatic pump leaking, thus dumping oil into the PC gearbox, but the charge pump is not the problem.

How many hours are on these two machines?

jd

·
Registered
57 Posts
sorry!!!! your right. i not. it is the double pump. the one you get from parts now looks just like one on the 60's one is square and other round.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
im not sure what problems exist with the 9610 anyway, but we lost steering on ours because there is a copper ring gasket on the rear hydraulic pump and they have a tendency to leak over time and use.

We thought that was the problem on our 9600 this year, only to find out the rear pivot shaft for the rear wheels rubbed the lines so much it cut em open.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Quote:im not sure what problems exist with the 9610 anyway, but we lost steering on ours because there is a copper ring gasket on the rear hydraulic pump and they have a tendency to leak over time and use.

We thought that was the problem on our 9600 this year, only to find out the rear pivot shaft for the rear wheels rubbed the lines so much it cut em open.

Did you lose steering in paddock or when going between them?

And Why would it be able to rub on them?? I thought the Hyd Lines would be up out of the way of that??

·
Registered
321 Posts
jm4850, sorry if I came across rude, I just didn't want to mislead on what area/part to look at.

ebert - what?? 9610's will have them same inherent problems as 9600's and 50's will. the so called copper ring is a bushing that is part of the pump body, its about 10 times easier and cost effective to install a reman pump with warranty than even think about tearing into and trying to seal one up internally.

down under, how much fluid is being moved to the sep gc on a daily basis? at 1800 hrs, my guess would still be the hyd pump, but the hydro front seal may be going (doubtful, but possible) do you have pressure gauges to take a reading?

jd

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
well ya gotta remember the newest 9000 max's are 10 years old now as well brick. mainly it was because the spreader lines were ran ONTOP of them, and their some good sized lines and when full of hydro oil they weigh a good amount,...also, whenever you lock the rears up completely when turning (although not noticeable in the cab) the wheels actually lift up and it pivots slightly, and since we usually dont cut the endrows completely to avoid confusion with the pointrows, we're almost always taking the wheels lock to lock. Also, we have some oscillation in the fields and sometimes dont feel like driving across the field to get to the entrance, so we just take it through the ditch.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
i'd double check to make sure your spreader lines aren't sitting ontop of your steering lines.

When we put new hoses on, we had one of those foam pool toy stick deals and taped it to the hoses so it wouldnt happen again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 9610 transfers about 2litres (1/2 gallon) in 12 -14 hours, and the 9650 about 2 litres inabout 40 hours. So jd600 you recon the first place to start would be the back hydro pump on both of them, but the 50 could have a leaking front hydro seal.
Thank you jd600

·
Registered
321 Posts
I would say the 9650 is a hydraulic pump also. The front hydro seal starts to leak when the hydro case pressure setting is to high, which blows the seal out. There is a port you could take a case pressure reading from just to be 100% sure, but if it was my rig I would highly suspect the hydraulic system pump is the culprit. PM me if you need the deatils on the case pressure check.

jd

·
Registered
2 Posts
CTS 11 similar hydraulic oil transfer problem

I have a 98 CTS 11, I changed the 2 pumps on back of gear box 2 years ago, and now I have large transfer of oil from small rear tank into my lower hydrostat case. I am suspecting that the seal on the hydrostat is gone. Is there any way to know which is the problem, also wondering what kind of job it is to replace the seal.
by large oil transfer, I think it is about 10 L in 2 hours.

The hydraulic pumps on your 2 rigs are the culprits, the one pump has a circuit for the main hyd system, i.e. lift, reel, auger swing and the separator gearcase has a circuit also, which is the back of the pump which draws oil out of the bottom of the sep. gearcase to supply lube oil to the gearcase and is also responsible for providing steering function.

Inside the pump the oil is sealed between the 2 circuits but when the pump starts to leak internally, oil transfers between the 2 systems (usually on way or the other, not back n forth) and this is what you're expreiencing.

So after all the blah, blah blah from me, the fix is you need to replace your hydraulic pumps, on the 9610 there is 2 different pumps, you need to find out if you have single reduction (small pump) or planetary finals (larger)

The 9650 has a small or larger pump also, the bigger pump came with the HD hyd system option, do you know of yours had it?

jd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts